HDD Interviews Cast & Crew of 'JAWS' About the Blu-ray Restoration and Exclusive Doc - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Default HDD Interviews Cast & Crew of 'JAWS' About the Blu-ray Restoration and Exclusive Doc

Michael Palmer got some great interviews about the making of this legendary movie, which is now a MUST OWN Blu-ray. Check it out!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...cumentary/9929
Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 PM

Not one word about the so-called 3D blu-ray that some sites were boasting about, yet appeared to have disappeared from existence. 3D version = first day buy. 2D version = not buying at all.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
3D version = first day buy. 2D version = not buying at all.
So much for respect for the medium.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 AM

Great questions, Michael! Superb interviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Duraty
It really demonstrates our commitment to our preserving our library.
Aha. Aha. Ahahaha! So that's why Universal is universally (cough) known as one of the worst studios for Blu-ray, and certainly the worst of the major Hollywood studios? The man has PR written all over him; his two favourite Blu-rays happen to be two titles that are brand new (i.e. every customer still has to buy them). It would have been believable to at least add one 'older' Blu-ray.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Oh - speaking of "the shark is still working," got this image from George Takei's FB page - lol

Spoiler

then from the same site:
Old 08-02-2012, 03:59 PM

I'm a child of the 70's and as always in the extreme minority, lol, I have never understood the love for this movie.. certainly not a BAD MOVIE, there are moments of extreme tension, but most of the performances are cheesy and of course the "shark" falls flat.. for the record I feel the same way about Poltergeist and Close Encounters..just excessive cheese that hasn't aged well..
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Administrator

@Krawk. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

@Julian. I don't know about superb. I was just trying not to embarrass the site and all its readers. As for the Uni exec, I understand your frustration. He's going to plug whatever he can, of course, but I think he was really answering "what are your favorite Blu-rays that you worked on". I couldn't remember exactly what I asked because as I was talking, the JAWS ride exploded behind him.

But despite the corporate allegiance, and what some might call past mistakes, their 100th Anniversary titles seem to be much better restorations than before, and I could hear the film passion in his voice as he answered. He might say Universal titles are his favorites, but he certainly appeared to love working on them.

And JAWS looks fantastic. Anyone who's a fan will love the PQ on this. I just hope the Hitchcock collection looks as good (my favorite is VERTIGO, which I've seen in 70mm).

Cheers and thanks for reading, everyone.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
@Krawk. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Thanks - I just had to. When I read the article here and noticed the fan group named The Shark is Still Working and the picture in the article showing a T-Rex in the background....