'Dragonheart' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 PM

Default 'Dragonheart' - High-Def Digest Review

More Connery on Blu-ray. Our review of 'Dragonheart.'

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6418/dragonheart.html
Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM

Wish they would have included the sequel. I didn't care for it much, but I hate having a blu-ray movie next to a DVD sequel, guess I got a bit of OCD (and yes I have to have all sequesl for any movie I own).
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post
Wish they would have included the sequel. I didn't care for it much, but I hate having a blu-ray movie next to a DVD sequel, guess I got a bit of OCD (and yes I have to have all sequesl for any movie I own).
i have all my dvds together and then its the blu-ray movies. so i don't have the issue you do, i have another....movies without sequels next to them or even sequels without the original. :P
Old 08-01-2012, 02:15 AM

Sadly, I actually knew a guy who named his son Bowen. On purpose. And yes, the guy looked and lived like you would expect of someone who'd name his kid after a character in a run-of-the-mill, forgettable fantasy film.

Nice review! Caught a mistake:
Quote:
At least 'Dragonheart' enthralled my son -- as a family film, it delivers the fun and the adventure that kids should love. And wrapped in the warm glow of notalgia,
Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post
Yikes, even the Crow films? I canna stomach anything that came after The Crow: City of Angels.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 AM

OK, yet another baffling case of craptacular cover art! Seriously, what do the alleged 'creative minds' at the studios' PR department smoke?

a) you have excellent cover art at your disposal, at no extra cost

OR

b) you commission an artist/a college student to come up with uglier cover art, which costs you at least some dollars.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Yikes, even the Crow films? I canna stomach anything that came after The Crow: City of Angels.
Yep, all the Crow films, all the Wild Things films, all the American Pie films, etc.