'The Amazing Spider-Man' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D are up for pre-order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM

Default 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D are up for pre-order

The Amazing Spider-Man
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4727...spiderman.html

The Amazing Spider-Man (Combo Pack)
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7497...man_combo.html

The Amazing Spider-Man - 3D
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4728...iderman3d.html

The Amazing Spider-Man - 3D (Limited Edition w/Figurines)
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7496...man_3d_le.html
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM

This turned out to be quite enjoyable and far better than the Raimi movies.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM

I finally saw this one, and am still completely mixed about it. This vs the 1st Raimi Spiderman... I'd say their equal. I guess I was hoping they'd try injecting a bit more realism ala new Batman movies, but this one was no less cheesy and the 1st Raimi movie. In fact I still think organic web shooters make more sense than the ones he built. Yes I know he built them in the comics, but it's more logical they'd be part of the radio active spider package.

I mean it had it's moments to be sure, and I'd take Emma Stone over Kirsten Dunst any day of the week. Add to that I think Garfield did a really good Spidey, maybe slightly better than Tobeys. I just didn't think it was good enough to justify a reboot. The effects weren't even that superior.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Former Member

plissken, in amazing spider-man, they're non-organic/tech. in ultimate spider-man, they're organic, like in the films. i think that's part of the trade with the new title, showing they want to follow the 1960's storyline more, ie gwen stacy (screw you MJP), captain stacy, so on.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:02 PM

Cant wait to pick this one up (3D natch).
Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I mean it had it's moments to be sure, and I'd take Emma Stone over Kirsten Dunst any day of the week. Add to that I think Garfield did a really good Spidey, maybe slightly better than Tobeys. I just didn't think it was good enough to justify a reboot. The effects weren't even that superior.
Don't forget that fact that Gwen was intelligent and did not get kidnapped like Princess Mary Peach did in ALL THREE RAIMI MOVIES.

I like Andrew's Spider-Man better because he would trash talk the criminals like he was supposed to. However, I think Tobey had a better Peter despite the fact he did not look like he was a high school student in the first movie. I also loved how Andrew's Spider-Man could be bruised and it was not healed by the next scene of the movie unless the plot required him to have a noticeable injury lik Raimi's.

Honestly though, I think people would have appreciated this movie so much more had it been the first time Spider-Man was ever adapted into a movie, or another 10 years down the road.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM

Will be buying this when it's on sale. Definitely not that good of a movie though, and didn't come close to the other 2 comic book movies of this summer.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
This turned out to be quite enjoyable and far better than the Raimi movies.
Wow, I haven't agreed with you about a movie in like, forever. But I'm with you on this one - it was soooo much better than Raimi's first film. Very true to the comics without becoming exaggerated and silly (i.e. Peter is not a buffoon here), fantastic special effects and fights, and just really well done all around.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM

"...for a release sometime in the coming weeks". Uhhhh...how soon of a release can we expect or was this a typo?