'Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season One' Disc Replacement Program - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Default 'Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season One' Disc Replacement Program

Dear Star Trek Fans, We have discovered an anomaly in the English 7.1 DTS Master Audio track in our Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray Box set. There are some episodes that inadvertently had their front channel designations incorrectly mapped, resulting in an undesired playback experience when listening to them in a 7.1 or 5.1 Surround Sound environment. We are quickly working to remedy the situation. Replacement discs (Disc 1, 3 and 4) will be made available free of charge. Please email [email protected] for details regarding the replacement program. You may also call 1-877-DELUXE6 (877-335-8936) between 8am to 6pm Pacific, Monday-Friday. We strive to provide our fans the best Blu-ray experience possible and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:54 PM

Nice. Hey, it sucks that this happened, but they got on the ball and quickly got this taken care of. Good on them. People make mistakes, good to know they owned up to it and fixed it fast.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This means a delay in me watching the set. I am delighted to see such a quick resolution but am still saying WTF when something this big got out to begin with.
I know, press time, deadlines, etc etc etc. The lesson they have learned from this is to test the next season before streeting it.
I recollect someone saying this was a CBS product, but yet the email address is PHE (Paramount Home Entertainment)
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Nice. Hey, it sucks that this happened, but they got on the ball and quickly got this taken care of. Good on them. People make mistakes, good to know they owned up to it and fixed it fast.
I'm told each disc will be personally signed by Aaron and will include a coupon for a free slurpee! :P
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Easy.

Was on hold for a while (about 20 minutes; it was ~4:30 pst when I called so probably busy from all the folks who read the news as they got home from work and gave it a go). Took my name, number, email and mailing address. Wanted code on the inner ring of the under side of the disc too. 3 minutes max once they took my call.

Guy said it'll be on my doorstep 3-5 days after they start to ship the replacements on Aug 10.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 PM

It's awesome that it's being fixed so soon. But you know, the screwed up discs might become collectors' items.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 AM

Yay! Just got the set on Saturday, and I'm glad it shouldn't be a long wait for the replacement discs.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I recollect someone saying this was a CBS product, but yet the email address is PHE (Paramount Home Entertainment)
It is a CBS Home Entertainment product, Paramount Home Entertainment handles the distribution. They are two completely separately run entities, outside of getting the disc physically on the shelves.

fitprod
Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 AM

Now if only the distributors behind the LOTR EE discs would learn from this...
Yup, I went there :P
Old 08-01-2012, 01:07 AM

Don't get me wrong, I get great info from this site all of the time.

However, where is an authoritative source for this information? I see a number of posts on various sites referencing this, but none link back to an original from either Paramount or CBS. Seems strange…