'Total Recall: Mind-Bending Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Default 'Total Recall: Mind-Bending Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Total Recall: Mind-Bending Edition.' Find out why this newly remastered edition comes recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7010...ecall_mbe.html
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM

dammit cohagen give de people de ayuh
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM

The problem with the theory Quaid is really experiencing a memory implant at Recall, is we often see other POV than Quaid. For example the scene with Cohaagen yelling at Ricter shouldn't be in the movie since it couldn't possibly be part of the implant.

The movie should have been edited so that up until Quaid goes to Recall we see several POV, but after that moment only Quaids POV is shown.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM

Two Weeks!!!! This is still one of my favorite Arnold movies. He's most definitely my favorite 80s/90s action star from my youth.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:12 PM

See you at da paahty Richta.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurin View Post
The problem with the theory Quaid is really experiencing a memory implant at Recall, is we often see other POV than Quaid. For example the scene with Cohaagen yelling at Ricter shouldn't be in the movie since it couldn't possibly be part of the implant.

The movie should have been edited so that up until Quaid goes to Recall we see several POV, but after that moment only Quaids POV is shown.
It could be Quaid's mind extrapolating what he believed was happening outside his view. When we dream, our p.o.v. is rarely consistent.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM

so the "mind-bending" edition is just packaging?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM

If this release is only slightly improved over the earlier blu-ray release - it must still be pretty pathetic, because the first release of "Total Recall" on blu-ray is the worst piece of high def garbage I have ever seen.
Another site has reviewed the British "Ultimate Rekall" edition and handed out a 5 of 5 for the PQ. Is that the same video used in this USA release?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM

I believe Studio Canal, which holds distributing rights in Europe, is using the same new remaster as Lionsgate, but handing out a reference quality score seems like a huge stretch of the imagination.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 07-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Hey E, I have to ask...

So I had the original Terminator 2 Blu-Ray, then I bought the SkyNet Edition. While the quality was remarkably better, the disc took forever to load, and I pretty much only watch it on my PS3. I still use the original release if I am watching it with my standalone player, as the SkyNet Edition takes like 5-10 minutes to load on it.

My question is if the Mind Blowing Edition of Total Recall is plagued by the same long load times as the SkyNet Edition of T2 was.