'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1 ' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM

Default 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1 ' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron Peck has just reviewed 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1.' This is a revelation on Blu-ray. Read the full review to find out why this fully remastered series is recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5230...ek_tng_s1.html
Old 07-19-2012, 03:35 PM

Truly, they did an amazing job!
I can't justify the current price to buy it though. Hopefully will rent or borrow a friend's, who is definitely getting it.

I really hope they do the same for Deep Space 9
Old 07-19-2012, 03:38 PM

~Enterprise please~
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Truly, they did an amazing job!
I can't justify the current price to buy it though.
Normally I would agree with you, but I'll pay the high amount on this one just to support the process. Hopefully it gets enough sales to justify them doing the whole series.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfan View Post
Normally I would agree with you, but I'll pay the high amount on this one just to support the process. Hopefully it gets enough sales to justify them doing the whole series.
They are doing the whole series regardless. They've committed to doing them all this way before they even released the first season. However, paying the higher price point does tell studios "Hey, this is what we want done with our beloved shows and we're willing to spend for it."

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 07-19-2012, 04:26 PM

You probably should replace every instance of "Paramount" in the review with CBS. CBS owns the TV rights and TV home video rights. They are the ones who committed to restoring the series, not Paramount (who owns the film rights). Also it was 13 SECONDS, not minutes, of SD video from "Sins of the Father"

Nice review, though! Glad it all looks great!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm in a bit of quandary. I liked TNG but not enough to ever want to sit through every episode again. On the other hand I would love to own the Special Features by themselves. Any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
I'm in a bit of quandary. I liked TNG but not enough to ever want to sit through every episode again. On the other hand I would love to own the Special Features by themselves. Any suggestions?
Not sure how you'd own the special features without owning the set itself. I'd say buy the set and stick them in occasionally to watch them.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
I liked TNG but not enough to ever want to sit through every episode again. On the other hand I would love to own the Special Features by themselves. Any suggestions?
Rent it and watch the special features.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM

i know it'll be a good 3 or even 4 year wait but...i'm a sucker for collection so as much as i wanna check this out, i'll wait for the inevitable full series collection. i'm also hoping that by that time, prices will be better so it wont be like 600 dollars or something. lol

though Lost was only 130-150 and it was 6 seasons so i imagine it be similar. lol