'Lockout' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Default 'Lockout' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Lockout.' He says the movie is disappointingly boring owing to Guy Pearce's lackadaisical performance. Video and audio are stellar however. Good disc for a bad flick.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7164/lockout.html
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM

Sorry but I thought this movie was quite fun, and that Pierce was great in it. His character was arrogant and funny, but not such a jerk that you didn't root for him. I may not be a "film critic", but I enjoyed it, and so did other friends I talked to about it, and in the end that's what matters.

I think it would have done a lot better if it had been marketed well. A lot of people probably hadn't even heard about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 AM

I disagree, I thought Pierce did a really good job. He is the reason to see it, his characterization is different than say a Snake Pliskin or a John McClane. I believed him as a top .001% most deadly guys on the planet, put in a sold out scenario that he just smiles through cause knows how screwed he is.

Certainly the overall plot could have been better, and his character could have used a little work, but your review comes off saying that Pierce phoned it in or somthing. I strongly disagree with that sentiment, like if you came away with that interpretation you are just dumb and probably gave Hook 5 stars or somthing. Pierce did an awesome job with what he had, it is folly to suggest Nick Cage would sell that role better.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM

I kind of have to disagree as well. I really liked Guy Pearce in the role. Definitely gave off that vibe of a guy who you don't really want to mess with. The movie obviously has it's faults (CGI, story/plot) but I don't think the acting (at least not Pearce's) was an issue.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 AM

I thought the movie was pretty fun. Pearce was funny in a smartass kind of way. His character really didn't give a crap about anything other than clearing his name, so that's kind of why he really doesn't care about anything else; like saving president's daughters and whatnot.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM

Guy Pearce was pretty good, you didn't really root for him but wanted to see what he's do (or say) next. The movie came off feeling like most 90's action flicks. It was fun, had some great one-liners, and cool action sequences.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Saw this at the theater thought it was enjoyable enough. Forgettable but enjoyable. I'll pick this up. Can't wait to hear all those space explosions.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 PM

I loved the movie, too. I really felt like Snow was the spiritual successor of Snake Plissken. Can't wait for Monday to bring my pre-order!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM

I also disagree with the review. Totally enjoyed the film. I thought that Guy Pearce perfectly portrayed the Snow character. He also reminded me a little of Snake Plisskin. I instantly recognized the actor Joe Gilgun playing Hydell from one of his other movies - 'This is England.' He was a hoot to watch - totally insane!!! And yes, the movie had its flaws but it was great fun to watch - total escapism after a hard day of work!! Excellent video and audio quality!!! I enjoyed this $20 million film alot more then some of those big budget movies!!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:25 PM

On my list to watch ASAP, I laughed my ass off at the apple and gun line, so I'm guessing I'll enjoy this one quite a bit like everyone else seems to, helps that I love cheese like this too