'Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection' is coming September 25 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 PM

Default 'Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection' is coming September 25

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7154/mcu_p1.html
Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM

I wonder how the cube will really get. Shame I already have all of them except for Avengers, or I'd be all over this.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 PM

If they had bothered to remaster Iron Man 1 & 2 and Incredible Hulk in 3D...and made it only available in the collector's set, this would have been a must-buy for most everyone.

Still an interesting set. I always kinda' regret not having got the suitcase version of Blade Runner on BD.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonous View Post
If they had bothered to remaster Iron Man 1 & 2 and Incredible Hulk in 3D...and made it only available in the collector's set, this would have been a must-buy for most everyone.
Absolutely right! I own all of the individual releases, save for "Avengers" but that's been pre-ordered, and would've jumped on this otherwise.

Well, that and except for what looks like cheap, flimsy cardboard packaging for each movie. Sweet design for the suitcase and overall presentation...as long as you don't actually need to watch them. That makes sense.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 AM

This kinda makes me wish I didn't already have Ironman and Hulk...ah well, the suitcase and stuff would probably just take up room.

I like the artwork for each movie though, I might print them out and put them in my blu ray cases so you see the art when you open it.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM

Well, it's been a long time since this forum saw a post. So I received the revised collectors edition yesterday. In general, it's a little underwhelming, but the big disappointment is the cube. It's a plain white piece of plastic that blinks if you shake it hard enough (batteries inside). Could they have at least put a little texture on it or something? I get it can't be translucent perhaps because of the batteries (though I think you could have worked around that) be to be sure it does NOT look at all like the picture used to sell it. Buyer beware.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 AM

I've spent about $85 for all seven Blu-rays and guess what? They fit on my movie shelf!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Agreed, though I'll admit that I do like the set overall. The props in the folders are pretty cool to have. The bad part, though, is that my set is missing Jane Foster's ID card and Thor's fake ID from his folder. I don't know whether I need to get in touch with Marvel or Amazon about that.