'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Default 'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed the first season of one of TV's biggest hits. He says 'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season' is a lot of fun. How does it look and sound on Blu-ray? read on...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4074...theory_s1.html
Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 PM

i dont follow this show, as in watch the new episodes but i do catch the reruns in syndication. its pretty funny and neat seeing all the geek references. but i gotta say, if there are actual people as bad as Sheldon, i find it hard to believe anyone would like them or even wanna be around em. lol he's funny and everything and as a viewer he works fine but yeah....sometimes the way he is, the way he thinks... you couldn't pay me to be friends with someone like that...damn. lol

and thats funny about the mayim bialik comment, that episode aired recently and i thought the same thing. i wonder if thats what convinced them to try and get her on the show. and since there's been some Roseanne reuinion love...how about Blossom? get one of the brothers or even her dad on there. or even better, bring on Six...i bet she's still cute and tasty. :P
Old 07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Former Member

I'd expect another Roseanne cameo before a Blossom one, especially with Joey being a chippendales dancer now instead of acting. the talent pool in Blossom isn't exactly all that deep.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Really disappointed that they packaged this with the original DVDs. No purchase for me because of it.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepartyover View Post
Really disappointed that they packaged this with the original DVDs. No purchase for me because of it.
Why? They're thrown in at no cost to you.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Shame on them for giving something for free!!
I always like the free DVDs (not a lot of laptops include a Blu-ray drive, so they come in handy during trips)
Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Why? It makes deciding whether to get the dvd or blu ray set a lot easier for me, especially considering the blu ray set is only $5 more. I like having tv shows on dvd so I can watch them wherever I want (or let a friend borrow em or something) and was planning on getting the dvd set, but I see no reason to get the dvd set now because the Blu rays come with dvds.

I really like the trend of including dvds with blu rays
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Former Member

Quote:
i wish they would have done like HBO did for True Blood with double sided DVDs to cut down on space, but other than that, i see no problem here. 24.99 for s1 and 29.99 for s2 week of release? that's pretty damn good for the blu-rays, and heck just sell the dvds out of them or something. only thing i don't like is the fat cases next to the slim ones for 3 and 4.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 PM

I already own season 1&2 on DVD and where I live these new blu releases cost $40 for season 1 and $60 (!!!!) for season 2. Yeah a great deal if you don't own them on DVD already. A really bad deal when you just wanted an upgrade. If they're going to "throw in" DVDs with blu-ray sets, then make them digital copies. Those I can use. These discs, the same ones I already own, they're as good as coasters.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Former Member

bestbuy.com. amazon.com. just sayin'. and they do have DC copies.