'Haven: The Complete Second Season' is coming September 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Default 'Haven: The Complete Second Season' is coming September 4

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7337/haven_s2.html
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM

For some reason, I just love this show ... so glad it got picked up for a 3rd season (although I am surprised that SyFy is holding it until fall - I always assumed it was intended as a summer show.)
Old 07-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Syfy's broadcasts look like they've been upconverted from SD. Does the Blu-ray set for Season 1 look the same? I'm wondering if the show is actually post-produced in SD and upconverted.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Syfy's broadcasts look like they've been upconverted from SD. Does the Blu-ray set for Season 1 look the same? I'm wondering if the show is actually post-produced in SD and upconverted.
I think the effects might be upconverted. And a lot of the other footage is just soft focus/filtered. But the aerial/establishing shots are too detailed for the show to be a 100% SD upconvert.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
I think the effects might be upconverted. And a lot of the other footage is just soft focus/filtered. But the aerial/establishing shots are too detailed for the show to be a 100% SD upconvert.
I don't know. I wasn't much impressed with the look of anything in S2. I thought this might just be crummy broadcast quality from Syfy, but Alphas on the same network looks decent enough.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 AM

It's been a while since I looked at it, but the Season 1 Blu-Ray looked pretty detailed from what I recall. Don't know if I'd call it reference quality by any stretch of the imagination, but far better than it looked on the original SyFy broadcasts.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 AM

Just got my copy of Haven Season 2 from Amazon yesterday. Did anybody else get a copy??? While the A/V quality looks to be as good as (if not a little better than) season 1, it looks like Discs 1 -3 are missing all the commentaries that are supposed to be there. The packaging lists them as there, there's even the standard disclaimer that pops up on all the discs ("Opinions of the speakers .... blah blah blah"). But no commentaries ... only 2 audio tracks on all of the episodes, a DTS-HD MA track and a 5.1 Dolby Digital. Any one have any contact info for Entertainment One to see about some sort of fix??? (I tried navigating their website, but EOne seems to be a company of companies that all have similar names .... no way of tracking down good contact info). Figured somebody on the site here might have more luck. Thanks!