'The Delta Force' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Default 'The Delta Force' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'The Delta Force.' Chuck Norris is in it. Read on.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6892/delta_force.html
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Your so political correct. What do want the terrorist to be scandinavian? And what's up with being pro american? From what I remember this story is loosely based on true events. In fact that captain of the plane was involved in another middle eastern hijack. No not a Scandinavian one a few after.

The US and the free world had a lot of problems with beirute and hijacking during the early 80's. the terrorist changed their tactic from hi jacking and asking for shit to crashing planes into building.

This is one of the best anti terrorist flicks ever made. Don't let this guy bullshit you with that political correct shit. Yes the middle eastern terrorist hate jews as shown in the first half and in Fact Jews were taking as hostages.

The delta force was sent in to kick terrist ass and free the hostages. I just wish today film makers had the balls to make a movie like this again. Who do expect to save the day? The russians? The Chinese? Keep dreaming pal.its the US... Proud to be an American...
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Rambo View Post
Your so political correct. What do want the terrorist to be scandinavian? And what's up with being pro american? From what I remember this story is loosely based on true events. In fact that captain of the plane was involved in another middle eastern hijack. No not a Scandinavian one a few after.

The US and the free world had a lot of problems with beirute and hijacking during the early 80's. the terrorist changed their tactic from hi jacking and asking for shit to crashing planes into building.

This is one of the best anti terrorist flicks ever made. Don't let this guy bullshit you with that political correct shit. Yes the middle eastern terrorist hate jews as shown in the first half and in Fact Jews were taking as hostages.

The delta force was sent in to kick terrist ass and free the hostages. I just wish today film makers had the balls to make a movie like this again. Who do expect to save the day? The russians? The Chinese? Keep dreaming pal.its the US... Proud to be an American...
I was just commenting on the politically correct nature of our world. Remember a few seasons back Kiefer Sutherland came on before the premiere of '24' and said, "Now remember everyone, even though we use Muslims in this season as terrorists it's important to remember not all Muslims are terrorists." The problem with the movie is it lays it on so damn thick.

And I'm pretty sure you're using the term "loosely" pretty loosely. Not one iota of this movie resembles any sort of real-life military action.

But none of that matters anyway since you have to sit around for 80 freaking minutes before anything happens. Chuck Norris was completely cut from the first hour of his own film. Imagine if in 'Die Hard 5' John McClane doesn't start kicking anyone's butt until an hour into the movie. There would be riots in the theater.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Rambo View Post

What about the British? They have executed some of the most famous hostage rescues in history.

Russia is a small country now, they are a different country than the former Soviet Union during the cold war, different flag also. Ironically it is Red, White and Blue.

China is not part of NATO and therefore not part of the united coalition.

Last edited by JSmith; 06-14-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I was just commenting on the politically correct nature of our world. Remember a few seasons back Kiefer Sutherland came on before the premiere of '24' and said, "Now remember everyone, even though we use Muslims in this season as terrorists it's important to remember not all Muslims are terrorists." The problem with the movie is it lays it on so damn thick.

And I'm pretty sure you're using the term "loosely" pretty loosely. Not one iota of this movie resembles any sort of real-life military action.

But none of that matters anyway since you have to sit around for 80 freaking minutes before anything happens. Chuck Norris was completely cut from the first hour of his own film. Imagine if in 'Die Hard 5' John McClane doesn't start kicking anyone's butt until an hour into the movie. There would be riots in the theater.
You are so wrong, I have it on good authority that Chuck Norris did indeed ride a missile carrying motorcycle into the middle east and single-handedly beat down a terrorist organization. Twice.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 AM

I found quite a few of the military logistics in this movie that made absolutely no sense. However I guess this movie wasnt made for military enthusiasts, and more for someone who wanted to see American commandos go into a foreign country and blow things up.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
You are so wrong, I have it on good authority that Chuck Norris did indeed ride a missile carrying motorcycle into the middle east and single-handedly beat down a terrorist organization. Twice.
Yes, but did said motorcycle have mortar shell launching exhaust pipes (in real-life)?

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Yes, but did said motorcycle have mortar shell launching exhaust pipes (in real-life)?
Well, some artistic license had to be taken, for when you are facing away from the bad guy who is about to shoot you in the back. In real life, this would have never happened to Chuck Norris.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 AM

That's right. He never lets his enemies live long enough to sneak up from behind.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 06-14-2012, 03:16 PM

Hilarious review Aaron, thanks.