'Wanderlust' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Default 'Wanderlust' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Wanderlust.' He really enjoyed it. The video and audio on this Blu-ray are very strong. There is a wide variety of extras, including a 'Wake Up Ron Burgundy'-style alternate cut of the movie. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6824/wanderlust.html
Old 06-20-2012, 11:47 PM

Great review Aaron!

I watched this last night and I also found it to be a very entertaining comedy. I was laughing out loud throughout the entire run time of the movie. Usually these "raunchy" comedies start out funny and then lose steam about half way through. "Wanderlust" seemed to keep the laughs coming at a constant clip. Definitely the best time I've had watching a comedy in a while.

I also agree that Paul Rudd is great to watch. The only movie of his that I couldn't stand was Dinner for Schmucks. I couldn't even make it half way through that movie.

I think you and I must be in the minority on this movie though, because most of the reviews I read around the web seem to indicate that this is a mediocre film....it's odd how subjective comedy is. It almost seems like the people who gave this movie a poor review weren't even watching the same movie I was.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Former Member

i do want to see it, though the whole "THIS IS THE FILM JA GETS NAKED IN!!!! no, wait, last minute that isn't there, sorry!" bullshit means i won't buy it from any store and bump up sales. will wait for a cheap copy 3rd party.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
i do want to see it, though the whole "THIS IS THE FILM JA GETS NAKED IN!!!! no, wait, last minute that isn't there, sorry!" bullshit means i won't buy it from any store and bump up sales. will wait for a cheap copy 3rd party.
I haven't had a chance to watch the special features on the disc yet, but this line from Aaron's review caught my interest: "A couple notable things about the Bizzaro Cut is that the scene with Jennifer Aniston lying naked in bed with Malin Ackerman and Kerri Kenney exclaiming to Paul Rudd, "You missed it, it was amazing," that was shown in the theatrical trailer, but not the final theatrical cut, is in this cut of the film."

So....am I reading that wrong....or is she REALLY naked in that version of the movie? If so, I might just have to pop the disc back into my Blu-ray player and give it a watch.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I haven't had a chance to watch the special features on the disc yet, but this line from Aaron's review caught my interest: "A couple notable things about the Bizzaro Cut is that the scene with Jennifer Aniston lying naked in bed with Malin Ackerman and Kerri Kenney exclaiming to Paul Rudd, "You missed it, it was amazing," that was shown in the theatrical trailer, but not the final theatrical cut, is in this cut of the film."

So....am I reading that wrong....or is she REALLY naked in that version of the movie? If so, I might just have to pop the disc back into my Blu-ray player and give it a watch.
They're all naked, but positioned in that Movie Magic sort of way where all the good bits are covered up. Although I was pretty sure Ackerman and Kenney were wearing boob pasties just in case anything accidentally showed. Keep in mind the exact scene was shown in a second and a half burst during the theatrical trailer, so it wasn't going to be that good anyway.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
They're all naked, but positioned in that Movie Magic sort of way where all the good bits are covered up. Although I was pretty sure Ackerman and Kenney were wearing boob pasties just in case anything accidentally showed. Keep in mind the exact scene was shown in a second and a half burst during the theatrical trailer, so it wasn't going to be that good anyway.
Thanks for clearing that up. It sucks that we still don't get to see any of the good stuff. It would have been nice to see more naked women to balance out the amount of penis shots in the movie.

I'll probably still go back and watch the bizarro cut of the movie though, because I really enjoyed my first viewing enough to warrant checking out the alternate cut. I'm usually not a special features person, but this movie clicked with me.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. It sucks that we still don't get to see any of the good stuff. It would have been nice to see more naked women to balance out the amount of penis shots in the movie.

I'll probably still go back and watch the bizarro cut of the movie though, because I really enjoyed my first viewing enough to warrant checking out the alternate cut. I'm usually not a special features person, but this movie clicked with me.
It's a bit rough, which is to be expected, but there are some funny alternate jokes and deleted scenes in there.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Former Member

Aaron, did not watch the trailer. is it one of those piled body things where you magically miss all the naughties, much like JA's GQ photos? aka the modern "modesty sheet"?

i'm sorry, stuff like that pulls me out of a film. it's so unnatural, you realize how they're intentionally constructing a shot instead of watching it.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Aaron, did not watch the trailer. is it one of those piled body things where you magically miss all the naughties, much like JA's GQ photos?
BINGO! That's it.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Thought this flick was hysterical!