Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Krawk is offline Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Has been moved I see - no surprise.
    Just wasn't realistic to be June when there was no pre-hype.

cardpetree is offline Member

Saw it............Sucked!!
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

Louisville Cardinals Basketball 2013 National Champions!

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
    LOL
    I thought the book was one of the most overrated books I ever read.
    I heard people who loved the book really disliked the movie.
    They changed directors for movie #2 I believe because of that.

Meh!! I didn't even know about the book and I was still board by the movie. The preview for it made it look a lot better than it was.

I loved the book. I would have never thought to have wanted to read it, but my wife got it for Christmas and ended up not reading it through. I got curious and read the first chapter and got hooked.

I have been dying to see the movie in theaters, but I may wait until the blu-ray. I have heard nothing but praises for it's acting and presentation. 85% on the tomatometer ain't bad at all.

DoubleJ is offline Member

I've yet to read the book, and the movie looked just okay to me, but the hype and good reviews will lead me to do both at some point.
    Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?!

ssj12 is offline Member

Its a political movie, people either love it or hate it. It has very deep libertarian teachings in it. Which is why a Libertarian like me loved it.

Naiera is offline Member

I didn't get that from the movie at all. Sure, there's a warning against 'big government' if you want, but if anything the books are about a far right-wing regime gone horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj12 View Post
    It has very deep libertarian teachings in it.
    No it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
    but if anything the books are about a far right-wing regime gone horribly wrong.
    Don't know about the books but this movie is the complete opposite. This movie has the government in control of everything which is very far left.
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

ssj12 is offline Member

No it doesn't

Don't know about the books but this movie is the complete opposite. This movie has the government in control of everything which is very far left.

You are wrong on both accounts. The Republican and Democrat parties are both left wing in the spectrum. Neither believe in limited government. The Republican party is the party of Hamilton, Clay, and Lincoln who promoted centralization of government. The democratic-republican party of Jefferson which believed in limited constitutional government was co-opted by Lincoln during is war against the union in 1861 and now shared exactly the same base beliefs on government control. hence why neither party will end the federal reserve, actually end any departments of the federal government, or allow states to manage themselves on "important national issues" like abortion, health care, environmental protection, etc.

And

forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/03/20/suzanne-collins-the-hunger-games-is-a-story-about-the-horrors-of-big-government

Learn your history, and learn your political philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj12 View Post
    You are wrong on both accounts. The Republican and Democrat parties are both left wing in the spectrum. Neither believe in limited government. The Republican party is the party of Hamilton, Clay, and Lincoln who promoted centralization of government. The democratic-republican party of Jefferson which believed in limited constitutional government was co-opted by Lincoln during is war against the union in 1861 and now shared exactly the same base beliefs on government control. hence why neither party will end the federal reserve, actually end any departments of the federal government, or allow states to manage themselves on "important national issues" like abortion, health care, environmental protection, etc.

And

forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/03/20/suzanne-collins-the-hunger-games-is-a-story-about-the-horrors-of-big-government

Learn your history, and learn your political philosophies.
    Not going to argue this with you, political post aren't even allowed on HDD forums. But both parties are obviously the same as they were in the 18 hundreds.
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

Krawk is offline Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Minor complaint about the Blu release - The cover art is cropped.
    I know I know, it could be worse, many studios seem to think we need a 3rd grader's Photoshop homework project as the cover art for the Blu while they usually stick to the movie poster for the dvd and foreign versions. My issue is this - Blu ray is supposed to be superior in every way. The PQ is supposed to be better, the AR is supposed to be correct, etc etc, but yet the cover art between the dvd and Blu of this movie are supposed to be the same, but yet the Blu version is showing *less* instead of more. There are several ways they could have made it right but they chose the lazy easy way, just crop it.

SilentBob is offline Member

Should see the steelbook area for the Future Shop Steelbook covers they have. Yeah, we are getting 2 different steelbooks and might be worth looking into getting help to import.
    DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY/UHD COLLECTION
    HOME THEATRE EQUIP:

JVC X950 4K e-Shift 3D Proj w. 106" screen, OPPO 203 (Region Free)
    MARANTZ SR7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.4

GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, PS4, WiiU, XBOX ONE X, SWITCH

skywalkr2 is offline Member

I liked the books and I am 37. Just fun in a morbid way. I didn't dislike the movie, but there sure was a lot of good stuff cut out. I don't know how they do book 2 and 3 because of the important parts they cut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast