paaron46 is offline Movie Dude

Dr Kain is online now Member

So is it this entire first season or a movie? For some reason it did not specify.

paaron46 is offline Movie Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So is it this entire first season or a movie? For some reason it did not specify.
    It's season one that aired on ABC.

roblove11 is offline Member

I watched an episode of this show & decided I'll never watch it again. however I wonder why this is getting released on BD when other shows like revenge are just being released on dvd only. is it really that expensive for studios to invest in blu-ray compared to dvd? I thought the format had become less pricey over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
    It's season one that aired on ABC.
    I'm a little surprised it's already been announced, since the season isn't quite over yet.

eastx is offline Member

Anybody like this show? I haven't seen it.

HD shows I'd like to see on Blu-Ray include Psych, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and The Sarah Jane Adventures (HD seasons).
    -Paul Acevedo
    Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
    • Display: Samsung LN52A550 52-inch LCD
    • Surround: Sony something
    • Player: Sony BDP-S580

caliminius is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by eastx View Post
    Anybody like this show? I haven't seen it.
    I enjoyed it but I'm sure it helps that (a) I'm female and (b) I'm a Disney Princess fanatic. Though I'm not fond of Emillie de Ravin playing Belle; she doesn't seem like she could act her way out of a paper bag.

Thulsadoom is offline Member

Caliminius, I'm a guy but I really enjoy it. (And I'm not really a big Disney fan, except for Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid ). Anybody else think the evil queen is the best looking one of the lot? Snow White could be, but not with that pixie cut...

I've been enjoying Once Upon a Time, it's got some great twists on the traditional tales (Though I thought the Alice in Wonderland storyline felt out of place even if it was a good variation)

Someone mentioned Revenge... I watched the first episode of that and couldn't be bothered with the rest. Given the title, I thought it would be something with more bite. It just screamed that it was going to be one thing drawn out interminably with little variation each week. Felt like it was going to be a bitchy version of Desperate Housewives without the humour, character or quirkiness. Rumplestiltskin and the Evil Queen would eat them alive in the revenge stakes lol!

I'm not sure I'll bother buying OUAT until it's finished, though. There are too many TV series that start out well, try and keep going too long, and then get canned before they have a conclusion (Like a long book with the last few chapters missing!) Which I'm sick and tired off.

It's the main reason I'm holding off buying Fringe and Supernatural, though thankfully it looks like they're going to both have the chance to end properly now.

MrAngles is offline Member

I enjoy watching the show with my wife, I'm not sure I would watch it if she didn't like it though. It's cool how each episode adds more lore and integrates the stories with each other (aside from Alice in Wonderland, which was an odd inclusion). Some of the deviations from the original stories end up being pretty cool, particularly what they did with Red Riding Hood.
    RIP Kosty you are missed.

eastx is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thulsadoom View Post
    It's the main reason I'm holding off buying Fringe and Supernatural, though thankfully it looks like they're going to both have the chance to end properly now.
    I haven't seen the latest season of Supernatural, but after watching Season 6, I was left wishing it had ended with season 5.
    -Paul Acevedo
    Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
    • Display: Samsung LN52A550 52-inch LCD
    • Surround: Sony something
    • Player: Sony BDP-S580