'Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Default 'Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City' - High-Def Digest Review

I'm going to be on a bit of an odd schedule this week, so I'm setting up a few reviews ahead of time.

You can discuss Nate's review of 'Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City' here once it's posted.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5427/zebraman2.html
Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Sounds like spectacular fun. But I have to mention - Imprint was not banned. It just wasn't picked up for distribution for a long time, and they skipped airing the episode on TV.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Nice review, Nate. I have to disagree with you about the film's quality though. It lacks absolutely all of the first movie's heart, focusing instead on style over substance. I do like the music video portions for their insanity, but the story itself is wholly unsatisfying. The ending is also completely stupid. I guess maybe people who haven't seen the first movie might like this one alright, but it's hard to get over how much this one changed (for the worse). It's not Battle Royale II misses-the-point-of-the-original bad, but kind of close.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Former Member

at this point should we make it official that any sequel that completely misses the point has to be compared to Battle Royale 2? because i'm down with using that pile of shit as the title to be judged against.

the ending is silly in this film, but it isn't out of the blue. i mean, the way the fictional zebraman's arc relates to the real one shows this to be an obvious development. it IS anticlimactic, absolutely, but come on, i'd put up with a much worse ending if it had a screen flashing STOP AIDS for no damn reason. that right there, i'm sorry, it was so, SO much win.