'Evan Almighty' Re-release in August (?) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Default 'Evan Almighty' Re-release in August (?)

That's right. For some reason we're getting a re-release of 'Evan Almighty'.

EDIT: The movie has been available on HD DVD and import Blu-ray before now.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7004/evan_almighty.html

Twitter: @AaronPeck

Last edited by paaron46; 05-03-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
That's right. For some reason we're getting a re-release of 'Evan Almighty'.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7004/evan_almighty.html
First-time release for the format. This came out on home video back when Universal was HD DVD exclusive.

Shitty movie, but whatever...
Old 05-03-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
First-time release for the format. This came out on home video back when Universal was HD DVD exclusive.

Shitty movie, but whatever...
You're right. Was just coming back to amend that a little bit. It has been available as an import Blu-ray though. But, still...

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM

I actually enjoyed the movie, but I think the only reason is because it actually made me laugh. Nothing special with the story, though, other than it points out just how dumb our elected officials can be sometimes.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 AM

I thought this had to do 2012 and the rapture.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM

I bought this on HD-DVD. It was one of those HD-DVD / DVD hybrid discs. The HD-DVD started to load the logo, played about 2 seconds, then locked up. Since then, the HD-DVD hasn't played at all, and only the DVD portion played. I would have taken it back, but it was a closeout - no refunds. Man, that was a crappy format. I have 40 movies on the format, 3 of which are scratched in this way, and those were unopened, factory sealed movies. Never had that issue with Blu-Ray. And whenever I rented HD-DVDs from Netflix, I would usually have to send a disc back two or three times before I got one that was playable. Horrible format.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
I bought this on HD-DVD. It was one of those HD-DVD / DVD hybrid discs. The HD-DVD started to load the logo, played about 2 seconds, then locked up. Since then, the HD-DVD hasn't played at all, and only the DVD portion played. I would have taken it back, but it was a closeout - no refunds. Man, that was a crappy format. I have 40 movies on the format, 3 of which are scratched in this way, and those were unopened, factory sealed movies. Never had that issue with Blu-Ray. And whenever I rented HD-DVDs from Netflix, I would usually have to send a disc back two or three times before I got one that was playable. Horrible format.
Strange, I never had any issues with HD DVD. Sure, the player was dog slow and the disc load time (especially from Universal titles!) was horrible, but the movies always played with the look and sound of perfect.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 PM

I had issues with my HD-DVD playing, but I think it was the player. It was unreliable and would freeze and error during disc play on numerous movies without warning. I do believe the hardware was a major problem with HD-DVD, whereas my PS3 was always reliable playing Blu-rays.