Should all Fifth Elements now be remastered? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-20-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Should all Fifth Elements now be remastered?

I want to order it off walmart.com (i work there so i can get a discount and free shipping, save a few bucks) but it doesn't specifically say "remastered" i was in bestbuy this week and all of theres were still the old one, so is sony recalling the old ones from warehouses or would I most likely be stuck with an older copy?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
I want to order it off walmart.com (i work there so i can get a discount and free shipping, save a few bucks) but it doesn't specifically say "remastered" i was in bestbuy this week and all of theres were still the old one, so is sony recalling the old ones from warehouses or would I most likely be stuck with an older copy?

I went to walmart.com and in the dvd details the sound tracks were still the old ones so i assume they're still selling the old one.
The best buy where i live had yanked the old ones from the shelves when the new ones came back.
Not sure if its up to the individual stores or not.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
Why how much is it at walmart? It's only 19.99 on amazon and you KNOW it's the remastered version.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:19 AM

well on amazon its 22.93 with shipping/handling

on walmart its like 15 after my discount, site to store shipping (free) and the remainder on a gift card i have lol, thats why i was going to buy it there.....and possibly pick up blood diamond, which is only 18.05 or something with my discount and stuff it'll be around 16 bux lol
Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM

Sony did not recall the old version. If the listing doesn't specifically say "Remastered", I wouldn't trust it to be the right disc.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.