'Men in Black II' - HIgh-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM

Default 'Men in Black II' - HIgh-Def Digest Review

Raise your hand if you think you saw 'Men in Black II,' but you don't remember any of it (I'm right there with you). Luke has just reviewed the film. He says it's as forgettable as your remember (or forgot).

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4832/mib2.html
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 AM

Default Hickman strikes again!

Another Luke A. Hickman non review! I remember MIB2 fondly, picked up this disc before reading this (non) review and was very pleasantly surprised at just how enjoyable it was. Yes, it wasn't as good as the first movie, but bad? No way...

Given the fact that most if not all of those who frequent this site are likely to have already seen this movie and most other catalogue items now finding their way onto BD, wouldn't it be sufficient just to make us aware that the disc is available and then concentrate on the technical aspects of the disc? Do we really need to know what this twat Hickman thinks of the movie...?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
Shit.
Funny, I see a review just fine when I click on the link. It goes over the movie, and then the technical aspects of the disc... just as all the reviews here do. You must have gotten a bad link or something. Although, given that you call Luke a twat because he disagrees with your opinion on the movie, I'm guessing user error was involved. Yeah, you probably just fucked it up somehow.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Another Luke A. Hickman non review! I remember MIB2 fondly, picked up this disc before reading this (non) review and was very pleasantly surprised at just how enjoyable it was. Yes, it wasn't as good as the first movie, but bad? No way...

Given the fact that most if not all of those who frequent this site are likely to have already seen this movie and most other catalogue items now finding their way onto BD, wouldn't it be sufficient just to make us aware that the disc is available and then concentrate on the technical aspects of the disc? Do we really need to know what this twat Hickman thinks of the movie...?
You're quite the impolite fellow. Luke Hick is the man. He rules.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Another non-intelligent comment
You, sir, must go to the back of the line.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM

Default Gimme a break....

...I have just as much right to strongly disagree with his opinion as he does to have that opinion in the first place. His past reviews - his hatchet job on Real Steel was a cracker! - have earmarked him as a bit of a liability to me and have caused me to question the need for a review of a catalogue item in the first place. Surely we've all seen this movie and already made our minds up about it, we just need the tech info, don't we?

Impolite? Back of the line? Are we children here...?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Default zoomclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Funny, I see a review just fine when I click on the link. It goes over the movie, and then the technical aspects of the disc... just as all the reviews here do. You must have gotten a bad link or something. Although, given that you call Luke a twat because he disagrees with your opinion on the movie, I'm guessing user error was involved. Yeah, you probably just fucked it up somehow.
Sorry...? What exactly are you talking about here?

Last edited by Gloobey; 05-01-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Gloobey
Old 05-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Impolite? Back of the line? Are we children here...?
Ironic coming from someone resorting to name calling to express displeasure at another's opinion.

Quote:
Sorry...? What exactly are you talking about here?
You kept calling it a "non-review" but I see a normal review just fine. Just because you don't like what it's saying doesn't mean the review is a lesser piece of work.

Personally I like the movie itself portions for catalog titles more than new releases, where I generally ignore them. It can be a good indicator of how well a movie has aged. If a reviewer likes an older movie I do but mentiones it not holding up well today, I'll usually try to see it again before buying it to make sure I still like it enough for a purchase.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Hey there Glooby. Just a heads up. If you don't want to read the opinion about the film part of a review it is very easy to skip to the tech part of the review.

Really to call people a twat because you don't agree with them, about a movie of all things, is about as childish as one can get.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Thanks for sticking up for me folks! Don't worry - I've got tough skin and this isn't the first time I've been called a "twat." It is, however, the first time that I've been called a twat by someone who doesn't know me in the slightest. But who cares? It's no sweat off my back. Some guy sitting behind a computer hates me because I don't think EXACTLY like him. This doesn't bother me because Julian and I agree on almost every movie and his compliments can make up for any unknown person's trolling.