The first Iron Man really needs an upgrade - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 AM

Default The first Iron Man really needs an upgrade

Getting ready for Avengers next week, I watched all of the Marvel movies that lead into over this month, and the audio on the first Iron Man movie is just down right awful. Everything is so toned down in the way of explosions, gunfire, and anything else that is supposed to have a booming effect and instead relies on the subwoover to give the buzz to you. This movie needs an upgrade with audio that sounds the way it did in the teathers and the other movies sound.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 AM

Ermmmmm.....
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 AM

So you're upset the bass is coming from the thing that bass comes from?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
LOL. Well, if he's like me, he turns off the subwoofer if the wife is home and not watching a movie. Otherwise, I'm vibrating the house and annoying everyone else. The audio on some movies does seem pretty weak when the sub is off.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Getting ready for Avengers next week, I watched all of the Marvel movies that lead into over this month, and the audio on the first Iron Man movie is just down right awful. Everything is so toned down in the way of explosions, gunfire, and anything else that is supposed to have a booming effect and instead relies on the subwoover to give the buzz to you. This movie needs an upgrade with audio that sounds the way it did in the teathers and the other movies sound.
Audio performance from Paramount its poor for me. BTW what Home Theater do you have_
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM

I can't remember anything at all being wrong with the audio the last time I watched this. On my system, it sounded better than the theater.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
No, there is barely any sound coming from explosions and stuff. Take when Iron Man is in the caves and the guy shoots an RPG at Tony, in the theater, there was a loud explosion sound effect. On the BD, the sound effect is very quiet and the subwoover is the only thing that rumbles, but there is supposed to be a BOOM to go with the sub. Not this little dinky boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post
Audio performance from Paramount its poor for me. BTW what Home Theater do you have_
Pioneer Elite VSX-30 receiver and the speakers and sub are from Definitive.

Iron Man and Transformers RotF are the only movies I have (well had in the case of RotF)that sound terrible. Every other movie is fine. In fact, Tron Legacy makes my speakers fall off my shelf, I love it.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM

I remember there being an issue with people's receiver settings being automatically turned on once the disc was inserted into the player - that setting where the volume is lowered by default, like if someone is sleeping or in another room, etc., it adjusts itself and you have to manually turn that off in order to get the full sound effects of the Blu-ray.

Iron Man is a great sounding disc. Check your settings again.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM

I just rewatched this last week and the sound was fine. Most parts were extremely loud and I do recall the part you mentioned (the cave and the rpg) and it was pretty loud. Might want to check your settings.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Transformers sounds poorly too for me, just the shoot of the guns sounds soft, THE EXPLOSIONs too. Other movies like The incredible hulk, G98, Bolt, Hellboy 2, KINg Kong had a loudly and stronger sound.

Its the performance of Paramount. Sony and Disney are te best in sound, then Universal, WB and the others.