'John Carter' Coming to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D June 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM

Default 'John Carter' Coming to Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D June 5

'John Carter' has been confirmed for a June 5 Blu-ray release.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5573/john_carter.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6849...carter_3d.html

Twitter: @AaronPeck

Last edited by Landy; 05-12-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 AM

I'll pass. I'm sure it will look amazing on BD, but I thought the movie was bad. It wasn't Transformers bad, it was more like an X3 bad. All action and there is not a single character worth giving a damn about.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I'll pass. I'm sure it will look amazing on BD, but I thought the movie was bad. It wasn't Transformers bad, it was more like an X3 bad. All action and there is not a single character worth giving a damn about.
that's the worst kind of bad, though X3 also had bad logic and huge leaps, and poor scene to scene transition making for a believable film experience.

you just reminded me of one of the reasons i hated X3, and then made me think of X3, the hot topic mutant league, and the shitty way they killed characters every 10 minutes to ramp "drama." curse you!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 AM

Eh, John Carter is better than X-Men 3.

That said, it has some serious problems, but it was a hair above average. Had an enjoyable time while I was in the theater but didn't remember much beyond the score following it.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 AM

John Carter was okay. Lynn Collins is uber hot in that.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 PM

Basically share same thoughts with others; it was better than X3, Lynn Collins looked hot (lots of tan on her though hardly recognized her at first), and the movie was just okay. X3 I'd give 1.5-2 at best/5, JC 3/5. My kids loved that alien dog thingy.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM

I like John Carter, but I don't think it's going to appeal to a modern audience given that it's story was a really old and dated one that would have a hard time appealing to a modern science fiction audience. Also, given that it had very few adrenaline based action moments, it's not going to score with someone expecting Transformers with it's slow methodical pace.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
I like John Carter, but I don't think it's going to appeal to a modern audience given that it's story was a really old and dated one that would have a hard time appealing to a modern science fiction audience. Also, given that it had very few adrenaline based action moments, it's not going to score with someone expecting Transformers with it's slow methodical pace.
Which is ironic citing the fact that Lucas used the Carter novels as inspiration for Star Wars.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 AM

3D version for me...but not day 1.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Which is ironic citing the fact that Lucas used the Carter novels as inspiration for Star Wars.
The thing is, the movie is basically the ending to Attack of the Clones but with even less interesting characters and creatures. Mark Strong is the only character in the entire movie I enjoyed. While, I should change that. The movie was great when John was not on screen. The scenes in New York (at least, I think it was NYC) were excellent, it was everything else that was bad. They tried to do over the top comedy at the begginning, but overall, the movie was just boring. It tried to do nothing new with the genre, and it tried to do nothing to make it stand out as the original.