The Iron Giant on Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM

Default The Iron Giant on Blu-ray

Interesting interview with Brad Bird where he confirms that he and Warner are discussing details for a release on of this much anticipated feature:

Quote:
Plans are afoot for a Blu-ray release of Brad Birdís The Iron Giant. And itís not going to be a bog standard release, by the sounds of itÖ

In town to promote his new movie, Mission: Impossible Ė Ghost Protocol, we managed to get 20 cherishable minutes in the company of Mr Brad Bird yesterday. And just before we were thrown out of the room, we managed to ask if he had any plans for a Blu-ray or big screen re-release for The Iron Giant.

The answer? Itís a good one.

ďIíve been talking with Warner Bros for basically the past ten years, and all sorts of options have been discussed", he told us. Thereís been talk of doing about a minute and a half, two minutes, of new animation for it, that were some sequences that we designed in the original, that I think were cool. Thereís been talk of doing 3D. Thereís been talk of doing a limited digital release, kind of like Blade Runner had. And all of them kind of blossom and fade. Now, weíre having more serious discussions about doing something in anticipation of the Blu-ray.

ďBut I donít want the Blu-ray to simply be a higher resolution version of our DVD. I would love to get into some of the stuff, now we all have some perspective, that went into the making of it. Thereís a lot of good stories there that havenít been told about the struggles that we went through. Weíll see what happens, but we are in discussions about it right nowĒ.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1167...rerelease.html
Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Remember, Warner... I can't buy it until you sell it.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 AM

I would pick this up in a heart beat. Have not seen this in years and my son loved this flick as a boy.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM

This movie is amazing and if I recall...brought a tear or two to my eyes.
There I've said it.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This movie is amazing and if I recall...brought a tear or two to my eyes.
There I've said it.
nothing wrong with this..........nothing at all
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM

I just watched the DVD a couple of weeks ago. It's a great film.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Brad Bird is an amazing director/writer. While I enjoyed Ghost Protocol (the best of the Mission films), his true talent is in animation. The Incredibles was fantastic is both animation and story, and Iron Giant was revolutionary in its day.