'Mimic 3-Film Set' - HIgh-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 PM

Default 'Mimic 3-Film Set' - HIgh-Def Digest Review

E has just reviewed the 'Mimic 3-Film Set.' Find out why devoted fans of the franchise should be quite happy with this high-def upgrade.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6577/mimic_trilogy.html
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 PM

I liked the first film, but never even knew about 2 and 3 LOL.

Gonna have to rent them and check em out
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 AM

Of the sequels, Mimic 3 is the best, IMO. It had a better concept, and much better execution than Mimic 2. I fast-forwarded through a lot of Mimic 2 because it was so damn boring. Best idea though, is to stick with the original film and forget the sequels ever existed.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 AM

The first one was bad enough, can't imagine the sequels.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:49 AM

I enjoyed the sequels, but the 3rd one was my favorite of the two. Loved the whole Rear Window concept. Still can't believe they're that old. The first Mimic in its Director's Cut incarnation is the bomb, yo!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I enjoyed the sequels, but the 3rd one was my favorite of the two. Loved the whole Rear Window concept. Still can't believe they're that old. The first Mimic in its Director's Cut incarnation is the bomb, yo!
I really need to watch the DC version!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM

thats a pretty good deal for 3 movies on blu, i never owned any of em so i'll definitely get this. i dont think i ever saw Part 3 because the storyline doesnt ring a bell so that'll be fun. lol glad i never gave in to the DC of the first since this apparently contains the actual disc itself with everything intact.

the talk about the blues and yellows made me think "thats our Guillermo", it seems many of his movies are filled with those colors and of course some red too. he must love that look or something. lol
Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
thats a pretty good deal for 3 movies on blu, i never owned any of em so i'll definitely get this. i dont think i ever saw Part 3 because the storyline doesnt ring a bell so that'll be fun. lol glad i never gave in to the DC of the first since this apparently contains the actual disc itself with everything intact.

the talk about the blues and yellows made me think "thats our Guillermo", it seems many of his movies are filled with those colors and of course some red too. he must love that look or something. lol
Well, Guillermo Del Toro has always had a uniquely visual style. Hellboy II and Pan's Labyrinth come to mind. I think if the studio had let Del Toro do what he wanted to do the first time around with Mimic, it would've done a lot better than it did, but the studio opted for a more by-the-books creature feature. He basically threw out most of Second Unit's stuff, with the exception of a couple of shots for the Director's Cut.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM

Almost wish I never bought just Mimic 1. Hopefully this drops in price eventually.