'Frozen Planet' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Default 'Frozen Planet' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just review 'Frozen Planet.' This is another fantastic BBC production. Read Aaron Peck's review to find out why this comes highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6331/frozenplanet.html
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Just go buy it. It's awesome.

When everyone has watched it please come back here and talk about your favorite parts. I have many, but don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM

We're giving away two copies of Frozen Planet in the blog this week. Don't miss your chance to win a free copy.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/fr...lanet-contest/
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM

I've gone through three copies of this and all of the disc 2s were scratched to hell:frown:

But the series IS fantastic and looks great.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjustWoRX View Post
I've gone through three copies of this and all of the disc 2s were scratched to hell:frown:

But the series IS fantastic and looks great.
3 copies? Sheesh. Hope you finally get a good one.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 PM

After 14 years of leaf eating, the caterpillar is finally ready to make its cocoon transformation. After all the shots of killer whales and polar bears eating defenseless animals watching the Wooly Bear complete its improbable journey is uniquely satisfying.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but it surely goes against what this series, and all the BBC series are about. They are in-depth but at the same time strikingly humane considering these are wild animals. False statements like that gives the series a black eye to the uninformed IMO.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
After 14 years of leaf eating, the caterpillar is finally ready to make its cocoon transformation. After all the shots of killer whales and polar bears eating defenseless animals watching the Wooly Bear complete its improbable journey is uniquely satisfying.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but it surely goes against what this series, and all the BBC series are about. They are in-depth but at the same time strikingly humane considering these are wild animals. False statements like that gives the series a black eye to the uninformed IMO.
That statement is meant in no other way that to say that much of the series is very brutal, and it was a nice respite to see this little caterpillar go on such a journey. Nothing more than that.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Cover art looks different on the review - could it be what's under the slipcover? I remember seeing a penguin.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Cover art looks different on the review - could it be what's under the slipcover? I remember seeing a penguin.
That cover art was from the UK version. I've switched it to show what the US cover art looks like.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
That statement is meant in no other way that to say that much of the series is very brutal, and it was a nice respite to see this little caterpillar go on such a journey. Nothing more than that.
I guess we have different thresholds for brutality because this series and the several like it are overly humane given the subject matter.