'Frozen Planet' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Frozen Planet' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just review 'Frozen Planet.' This is another fantastic BBC production. Read Aaron Peck's review to find out why this comes highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6331/frozenplanet.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
paaron46's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Default

Just go buy it. It's awesome.

When everyone has watched it please come back here and talk about your favorite parts. I have many, but don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.
__________________
Become a FAN of The Reel Place!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

We're giving away two copies of Frozen Planet in the blog this week. Don't miss your chance to win a free copy.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/fr...lanet-contest/
__________________
Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
itjustWoRX's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
Default

I've gone through three copies of this and all of the disc 2s were scratched to hell:frown:


But the series IS fantastic and looks great.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM
paaron46's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjustWoRX View Post
I've gone through three copies of this and all of the disc 2s were scratched to hell:frown:


But the series IS fantastic and looks great.
3 copies? Sheesh. Hope you finally get a good one.
__________________
Become a FAN of The Reel Place!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 PM
CaptainArcher's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,205
Default

After 14 years of leaf eating, the caterpillar is finally ready to make its cocoon transformation. After all the shots of killer whales and polar bears eating defenseless animals watching the Wooly Bear complete its improbable journey is uniquely satisfying.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but it surely goes against what this series, and all the BBC series are about. They are in-depth but at the same time strikingly humane considering these are wild animals. False statements like that gives the series a black eye to the uninformed IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 PM
paaron46's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
After 14 years of leaf eating, the caterpillar is finally ready to make its cocoon transformation. After all the shots of killer whales and polar bears eating defenseless animals watching the Wooly Bear complete its improbable journey is uniquely satisfying.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but it surely goes against what this series, and all the BBC series are about. They are in-depth but at the same time strikingly humane considering these are wild animals. False statements like that gives the series a black eye to the uninformed IMO.
That statement is meant in no other way that to say that much of the series is very brutal, and it was a nice respite to see this little caterpillar go on such a journey. Nothing more than that.
__________________
Become a FAN of The Reel Place!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,305
Default

Cover art looks different on the review - could it be what's under the slipcover? I remember seeing a penguin.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM
paaron46's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Cover art looks different on the review - could it be what's under the slipcover? I remember seeing a penguin.
That cover art was from the UK version. I've switched it to show what the US cover art looks like.
__________________
Become a FAN of The Reel Place!

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM
CaptainArcher's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
That statement is meant in no other way that to say that much of the series is very brutal, and it was a nice respite to see this little caterpillar go on such a journey. Nothing more than that.
I guess we have different thresholds for brutality because this series and the several like it are overly humane given the subject matter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frozen Planet Complete Series $19.99 / BB + Many other tv on Blu Rays for same price Krawk Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 12-11-2013 02:28 PM
Frozen Planet $19.99 at Amazon Scott Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 3 04-17-2013 11:50 PM
'Frozen Planet / Life' is coming March 26 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 02-14-2013 02:10 PM
Life / Frozen Planet bundle $16.99 @ Best Buy Wolvie Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 5 12-20-2012 08:13 PM
'Frozen Planet' is coming April 17 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 03-12-2012 12:41 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off