'20 Million Miles to Earth' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
PeterB

Default '20 Million Miles to Earth' -- pre-release buzz

It's still a long ways away, but Sony has announced a December 4 street date for '20 Million Miles to Earth':

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/20mi...estoearth.html

The Ray Harryhausen classic will come as a BD-50 dual-layer disc, though supplemental features are not yet known. But given that a deluxe DVD version is coming out this month, at least some (if not all) of the extras should make it to the next-gen version.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:02 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
It's still a long ways away, but Sony has announced a December 4 street date for '20 Million Miles to Earth':

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/20mi...estoearth.html

The Ray Harryhausen classic will come as a BD-50 dual-layer disc, though supplemental features are not yet known. But given that a deluxe DVD version is coming out this month, at least some (if not all) of the extras should make it to the next-gen version.

Great movie and would love to see more harryhausen films in hi Def,I will pick this one up for sure.

I recently downloaded "Clash of the Titans" on XBL,looked pretty sweet in hd.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:55 PM

So Peter, the question is what are we going to get on this disc? If there's a b&w original plus a color version, I guess I'll live. Sound remixed into surround from the original stems doesn't sound too promising either, from what I remember of the way the soundtrack sounded on the last DVD. Then of course, there's the question of what BRD can bring to a 50 year old feature...

Give me a great presentation of the original, plus cool supplements and I'll buy. The fancy, schmanzy colorized version could be a goofy pleasure when the party winds down at 3am (with a different soundtrack of course).

PS - Can Sinbad be far behind?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Talking

A Good Movieguys have the wrong picts on the home page!
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
So Peter, the question is what are we going to get on this disc? If there's a b&w original plus a color version, I guess I'll live. Sound remixed into surround from the original stems doesn't sound too promising either, from what I remember of the way the soundtrack sounded on the last DVD. Then of course, there's the question of what BRD can bring to a 50 year old feature...

Give me a great presentation of the original, plus cool supplements and I'll buy. The fancy, schmanzy colorized version could be a goofy pleasure when the party winds down at 3am (with a different soundtrack of course).

PS - Can Sinbad be far behind?
I agree. Should be intersting to see how the magic of blu handles a film like this. I think the addition of some intriguing special features to this film would help in selling this title to the masses. However, I am sure fans of the film will pick it up regardless of the special features or not. We will see how Pete rates it.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the cyclops pic, but that is a different movie!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:04 PM

This will be enough for me to buy a PS3, if a good dual player hasn't come out by then. Good move Sony. Blu-Ray releases were sorely lacking on the cinephile/classics/b front. Maybe they are finally realizing that. One of the biggest selling points for me on HD DVD was the Universal back catalog.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Like cary said, that image on the article is from Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad. Maybe a picture from the actual movie would be more appropriate ; )

maybe this one

http://festivals.carolinatheatre.org...rth%20%232.jpg
Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Time for some HD MST3K.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM

I am really looking forward to this one and will get it right away!
I would love to see more of his work on Blu-ray soon. The Sinbad films would be great in HD!