'Missing in Action,' 'Missing in Action 2,' & 'The Delta Force' are coming June 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Default 'Missing in Action,' 'Missing in Action 2,' & 'The Delta Force' are coming June 5

Wal-Mart exclusives:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6890...ng_action.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6891...g_action2.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6892/delta_force.html
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Classics!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Classics!
Agreed, I hate it how they dont make action movies like them anymore.

Missing In Action: This was like a much cheaper version of the First Blood Part II plot. I thought Stallone's version was better but I still like this movie a lot though.

Missing In Action II: Awesome movie that again shows what is probably a sugar coated view of what POW camps in Vietnam were really like. One scene in particular at the beginning that shows an extraction of US soldiers pinned down by VC, you see a soldier firing an M16 on full auto spraying rounds everywhere and not even bother to aim which I always found funny.

The Delta Force: My Favourite out of the three movies. Delta force had some unusual equipment in this movie which I would guess was born out of pure imagination rather than military fact. To this day I do not understand why a combat unit that isnt supposed to exist would wear US patches during an operation, or why they would wear bright yellow air tanks whilst carrying out a clandestine raid on an enemy target at night!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM

i was on a chuck norris binge recently and rented a bunch of his movies and damn, sometimes memory and nostalgia really alters your perception and/or memory. every single one of the movies i went through (which these 3 were a part of) were sooooo bad. they have not aged well and look like cheap ass quicky productions. considering most were released by low budget companies that isn't surprising but i always held him and his movies in the same "pantheon" as schwarzenegger and stallone but yeah, even their crappier movies seem like oscar gold in comparison. i was literally shocked at how bad each one was. i get that some movies dont age well but these just seemed like cheap DTV schlock.

all that said, why would they omit releasing Missing in Action 3 over Delta Force? or why not release Part 3 and both Delta Force movies that Chuck was involved with. they could have easily made combo releases for each franchise.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Missing in Action II holds nostalgic value in that it was the first movie I saw on home video (VHS back in 1985).

I'll be getting these but I'll wait for the inevitable price drop via bundling.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Missing in Action II holds nostalgic value in that it was the first movie I saw on home video (VHS back in 1985).

I'll be getting these but I'll wait for the inevitable price drop via bundling.
wow, you remember your first VHS viewing? wish i did, i'm being serious here case it comes off as mocking you or something. lol but yeah nostalgia is indeed strong, i know for a fact there's many movies i own that i otherwise wouldnt if it wasnt for that. some i've even double dipped on. lol
Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i was on a chuck norris binge recently and rented a bunch of his movies and damn, sometimes memory and nostalgia really alters your perception and/or memory. every single one of the movies i went through (which these 3 were a part of) were sooooo bad. they have not aged well and look like cheap ass quicky productions. considering most were released by low budget companies that isn't surprising but i always held him and his movies in the same "pantheon" as schwarzenegger and stallone but yeah, even their crappier movies seem like oscar gold in comparison. i was literally shocked at how bad each one was. i get that some movies dont age well but these just seemed like cheap DTV schlock.

all that said, why would they omit releasing Missing in Action 3 over Delta Force? or why not release Part 3 and both Delta Force movies that Chuck was involved with. they could have easily made combo releases for each franchise.
I dont feel that way at all. I love all these. Forced VEngeance, Code of Silence, INvasion USA, man these were my childhood. LOVED em then LOVE em now.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:07 AM

I dont think that these movies will get a good transfer, unless the film stock is already in mint condition anyway. I will wait for reviews first and then the inevitable price drop.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
I dont think that these movies will get a good transfer, unless the film stock is already in mint condition anyway. I will wait for reviews first and then the inevitable price drop.
Chuck Norris doesn't need a fantastic transfer - He IS the transfer LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Chuck Norris doesn't need a fantastic transfer - He IS the transfer LOL
One scene in The Delta Force that sums up the 80's for me was the scene where Chuck Norris opens fire with his Uzi whilst going down a zip line and actually hits his target.

Whoever came up with the idea of a dirtbike that could fire missiles should have been nominated for an academy award!