'The Iron Lady' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Default 'The Iron Lady' - High-Def Digest Review

David Krauss has just reviewed 'The Iron Lady.' He says it doesn't rank with the best historical biopics, but it does feature another mesmerizing performance from Meryl Streep. This Blu-ray features good video, stunning audio, and lackluster, repetitive extras. Worth a
look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6480/iron_lady.html
Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 PM

Meryl Streep as Thatcher!!! HAHAHHA!!!!!! What a joke!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Banned

Dalton from Road House said......what is the joke?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 PM

I'm lost on the joke too, signia76. However, what isn't lost on me is the fact that no matter how stunning the film's 5.1 track is, I will never ever ever desire to see a movie about Margaret Thatcher of all people.

And for the record, Meryl Streep's best performance remains her first, from "The Deer Hunter." One of my top ten movies of all time, and one of the top twenty-five best Blu-ray transfers I've seen so far.

But back to "The Iron Lady." ...Oh wait, never mind. I have nothing left to say about a movie except that its central character is of such very little interest to me it's almost laughable.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Johnson View Post
I'm lost on the joke too, signia76. However, what isn't lost on me is the fact that no matter how stunning the film's 5.1 track is, I will never ever ever desire to see a movie about Margaret Thatcher of all people.

And for the record, Meryl Streep's best performance remains her first, from "The Deer Hunter." One of my top ten movies of all time, and one of the top twenty-five best Blu-ray transfers I've seen so far.

But back to "The Iron Lady." ...Oh wait, never mind. I have nothing left to say about a movie except that its central character is of such very little interest to me it's almost laughable.
I'm not being a troll...I actually dislike the Deer Hunter. I suppose I'm not a big Streep fan. So be it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM

Thatcher is one of THE pivotal political figures of the late 20th century, like Reagan and Gorbachev, these three defined a political era and two of them completely redefined politics in the free world.

Yeah, totally nothing to see in regards to the life and work of one of them.

As to the reviewer, middling is being kind to a person of her political persuasion. It could have easily gone the other way and though justifiably also into much more depth of what she was so successfully able to accomplish. There's a reason it was ritual for a new MP to make a trip to see her for so many years after her departure from Downing Street.