'War Horse' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Default 'War Horse' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron Peck has just reviewed Steven Spielberg's 'War Horse.' With five star video and audio, not to mention plenty of HD extras, this Blu-ray is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6478/warhorse.html
Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM

Easily my favorite movie of 2011. Amazon had it on my porch when I got home today....can't wait to give it another watch
Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM

so the horse doesn't have aspergers? cuz you know...its a way over-used plot point in movies lol
Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 PM

I wasn't overly impressed with this movie. The Blu-ray audio was the best I've heard though.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen! The cinematography was amazing but the story and acting were horrible!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1978 View Post
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen! The cinematography was amazing but the story and acting were horrible!
If this was the worst movie you've ever seen, you really need to see more movies. I highly recommend any Uwe Boll film for a start. Terrific cinematography and audio, but completely forgettable and predictable of Spielberg meets Disney. Thankfully only a rental, but I have seen many, many worse films.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
If this was the worst movie you've ever seen, you really need to see more movies. I highly recommend any Uwe Boll film for a start. Terrific cinematography and audio, but completely forgettable and predictable of Spielberg meets Disney. Thankfully only a rental, but I have seen many, many worse films.
ONE of the worst. Most defiantly a rental and I agree with the predictability of Spielberg.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Angry One of the worst ! Shure!

I had to skip parts of this movie. Bad acting, no true feelings, etc. Ridiculous! Shame on you Spielberg!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I finally viewed this movie last night.
Most of the movie the video was flawless. There were a couple of scenes at night in which the blacks were grey, and some of the day scenes were soft, reminding me of a restoration of an old classics movie. Perhaps this was the intent.
The sound was flawless except for a few short scenes in which the center channel dialog was surrounded with a "static" type effect. Meaning, each time a character spoke, there was a bit of muffle/static surrounding each word. I run a 7.0 setup, and in a movie like this you realize the total lack of needing a subwoofer. The LFE portion of the soundtrack played out as intended. The entire room rumbled when it needed to as each full size speaker came to life. The mixing was well done and with the exception noted, the clarity was as such that you did not hear the sound come out of speakers, rather you were in the middle of the action. When it was used, they made great use of channels 6 and 7 and because of their clarity. If someone were breaking into my house or smashing a window, I would have thought it was part of the movie, very scary. Perhaps this movie is a great example to where lossless audio makes a difference. Just remember, the audio is only as good as its source.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 PM

There were real animal heros of WWI (Cher Ami & Stubby) , this horse is pathetic attempt to capture good feelings and drama that can be associated with WWI. I think Film makers are testing the waters trying to find a way to bring a proper WWI story to the big screen, there are good stories to tell if they can find the way to do it.

By the numbers War horse was a good production, component workmanship all the way around, but without a good story it was an exercise in film making.