Does your Hop blu ray do this? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Default Does your Hop blu ray do this?

I just bought Hope for the kids and noticed something strange. When the blu ray loads up, it starts with the familiar Universal Studios screen where it shows the planet and logo. It gets a few seconds into the Universal scene and then just skips and goes black. Then a curious george preview starts playing about 10 seconds later (screen black the entire time before it starts playing). It's weird to me because I have never had a blu ray just skip the middle of a studio intro unless you forced it yourself. I checked and the disc is not scratched. I was also able to watch the entire movie with the kids without any issues. Is this normal? Just want to be sure in case I need to swap it. I use a PS3 for my player and none of my other movies exhibit this including Despicable Me which is also from Universal studios. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Have not tried mine yet but I have seen other discs that the studio logo loads first - then the apps (java or whatever) load then forced previews, which is entirely what it sounds like you are describing.