'Assassins' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Default 'Assassins' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Assassins.' The film you forgot about is back! It's big, and loud, and kinda dopey (like it's star?), but it has a few great sequences. This is actually a fantastic catalogue release Blu-ray that's worth a look at such a low price.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3790/assassins.html
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM

Default What????

Ok, despite this tepid review, Assassins is actually a really good movie (surprising as it may be). It's worth watching for Antonio alone, but the movie is actually really well done and some great action and a pretty solid story.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM

I haven't seen this in years, but I can't imagine still not loving it, so if it is as bad as the reviewer states, it jumps immediately into guilty pleasure territory for me. I'll definitely be making my own judgment again.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM

"Happy birthday a**hole."

One of the cool things about Sly is his ability to deliver one-liners without them sounding forced or corney (like Arnold in Batman and Robin).

This BD has been out for a while now and is super cheap at most places. I had to have this baby day one and have watched it 3 times already. A great catalog cheapie from Warner and a highly underrated flick especially when considering the star power both in front of and behind the camera.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM

I haven't seen this in years, but I do remembering it quite a bit. The acting by Banderas was excellent, and that taxi scene was amazing. Perhaps seeing it now will change my attitude about it as a whole, but no way I can back down from the two points in my previous sentence. Also, Stallone did fairly well acting, and the film is quite tense and suspenseful, so the Wachowskis definitely got some things right.