'The Lion of Judah - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Default 'The Lion of Judah - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Lion of Judah - 3D.' He says this is probably just for fans. Read our review to find out why:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6201/lion_judah_3d.html
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the review. This is the first one online I've seen. I've already ordered both 3D Blu and DVD copies. Having not seen the movie in the theater (it was in very limited release) it's nice to see a decent rating all around for both movie and vid/audio quality. Most critics seemed harsh on both script and animation. I"m not expecting Disney...though it sounds like a fine product from a low budget studio. The film was actually completed 2D-only in late 2008...and due to a delayed release date the studio/animators were able to re-render a stereoscopic 3D version just as 3D cinema was burgeoning. This is probably why as the reviewer states the 3D is inconsistent (flat and 2D in parts.) See http://www.techsmart.co.za/features/...ion_movie.html . Look forward to watching in 3D this weekend.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the review. I honsetly had never heard of this movie, but it sounds like something I should pick up for the kids.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:58 AM

Michael Madsen? He has a tendency to make the headlines with sometimes questionable behaviour. Sounds like the perfect voice for a sweet and inspirational tale about faith and religion!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Michael Madsen? He has a tendency to make the headlines with sometimes questionable behaviour. Sounds like the perfect voice for a sweet and inspirational tale about faith and religion!
Maybe he's trying to change.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Maybe he's trying to change.
Just two weeks ago, he was charged with domestic violence
(http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuw.../120310_madsen) (Belgian source ... hilarious photo!)
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM

LOL it is hilarious! It's almost as funny as the Nick Nolte one.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:54 PM

This isn't the first time Michael Madsen has been in a Christian film. Even Edward Furlong was in a Christian film. I think that it's perfectly fine to cast somebody in your films if they are professional during shooting. It's not like the filmmakers are encouraging poor behavior.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
This isn't the first time Michael Madsen has been in a Christian film. Even Edward Furlong was in a Christian film. I think that it's perfectly fine to cast somebody in your films if they are professional during shooting. It's not like the filmmakers are encouraging poor behavior.
True and very well said!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Banned

Thanks M. Enois Duarte for a very good review. Even though you only gave this movie a 2.5 star rating for the movie itself, I enjoyed your in-depth review and thought it was a very fair review.

Although I'm not the target audience, I can appreciate the work that went into the making of 'The Lion of Judah' and can imagine the little tykes in the family enjoying it for what it is. Featuring the voices of Ernest Borgnine and Michael Madsen, the story is a re-imagining of the Easter story with a small band of stable mates witnessing the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. The 3D Blu-ray arrives with a very good picture quality and an equally good audio presentation. The one, lone supplement is a forgettable piece, making the package overall an average release that fans will find satisfying.