'The Ring' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM

Default 'The Ring' - High-Def Digest Review

If you're looking to soil yourself in terror, this flick is still just the ticket. Find out why 'The Ring' is recommended on Blu-ray.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3686/ring.html
Old 03-26-2012, 03:22 PM

I never liked this flick. It was one of those films that I never understood how it got so popular.

At least this isn't the even worse sequel. I walked out on that film before the title screen. Yes, I seriously did. I was also on a date.*

*Surprisingly....I didn't burn that bridge with that move. It would be a few weeks later.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:28 PM

I'm pleased that the picture quality is that good! I was on the fence about this one, but I'll probably get it next time I stop in Best Buy.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM

I am still waiting for my copy to be shipped...back-ordered.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Naomi Watts looked really hot in this.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM

Honestly, I have never understood what people like about this movie. I find it to be boring. The opening is pretty good, but after that, it takes too long to do anything and then the plot is so convoluted to the point that I think they were just making it up as they went along. Do not misunderstand me though, I hate the Japanese version too for the exact same reasons. The only thing I can think of is that this is what made the ghost girl crap popular since it was brand new at the time.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 PM

This movie I liked. Why people liked The Grudge, I could never understand. Also glad to see the PQ is that good, looking at my copy now, can't wait until the projector bulb arrives.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 PM

I'll throw in my vote with those that love this movie. I found it scary in the extreme, but the environment is absolutely critical. Watching this in your living room on a sunny day in spring is not how you do it. I definitely found this CREEPY.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM

I'm a little bit surprised that the color timing issue was so glossed over in this review. I've been given to understand that this film has been "Matrixed" for this release. Some people have said the change is not extreme compared with the DVD, or that it more closely resembles the original theatrical look, while others have said the film has taken a bath in pea soup that it never had before now. I would have liked the review to speak a bit more to that.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
This movie I liked. Why people liked The Grudge, I could never understand. Also glad to see the PQ is that good, looking at my copy now, can't wait until the projector bulb arrives.
Which is funny, because I liked The Grudge. It was because of it storytelling, its atmosphere, and most of all, its audio that does it for me. I like how the story is not told from a linear perspective, let alone from the viewpoint of just one character. The atmosphere is that it really ****s with your mind. When you realize that the husband is the main ghost causing everything, you freak out. As for the audio, having the noises come around in full surround sound adds to the atmosphere.