'The Bodyguard' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Default 'The Bodyguard' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has just reviewed 'The Bodyguard.' He says there are some undeniably tense moments that make the movie well worth revisiting (Personally, I've always liked the finale at the cabin). Video and audio presentations are about average for a flick from the early 90s. Worth a look if you're interested.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6275/the_bodyguard.html
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 PM

Nice review - has repeated the last paragraph twice in the audio section though. The one beginning " Now for the not so good" - thought I was seeing double for a minute and I was lol.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Nice review - has repeated the last paragraph twice in the audio section though. The one beginning " Now for the not so good" - thought I was seeing double for a minute and I was lol.
Should be fixed now. Thanks.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 PM

This movie most definitely is on our "guilty pleasures" list - where most Kevin Costner movies reside. It will find its way to our blu-ray collection at some point for sure.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 PM

Hey Aaron, you sure reviewed a lot of Warner Bros Blu's in the last couple of weeks (Striptease, Disclosure, The Bodyguard). Coincidence or preference? Or does Warner Bros just think: 'That Mr. Peck is one mighty fine reviewer, we best send all current and future screeners to him'?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 PM

Love the film, not surprised it looks a bit soft. I always remember it looking diffused.

Sad to hear about the audio problems. Oh well, hopefully the music presentation is worthwhile. It's not the biggest selling soundtrack for nothing!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm not sure why Kevin Costner gets dissed by a lot of people. I've always thought he was charismatic on screen and although he's done his share of dogs, he's done a lot of good ones too (JFK, The Untouchables, No Way Out, Dances with Wolves, Wyatt Earp). I do think the Bodyguard falls into the guilty pleasure catagory, but it's entertaining and it's only 11.99 on amazon, so I preordered it.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic0112 View Post
I'm not sure why Kevin Costner gets dissed by a lot of people. I've always thought he was charismatic on screen and although he's done his share of dogs, he's done a lot of good ones too (JFK, The Untouchables, No Way Out, Dances with Wolves, Wyatt Earp). I do think the Bodyguard falls into the guilty pleasure catagory, but it's entertaining and it's only 11.99 on amazon, so I preordered it.
I think the problem with Costner is that, after Dances With Wolves, he let his ego get really inflated, while at the same time he started making a lot of terrible movies. The combination of the two things turned a lot of people off to him.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I think the problem with Costner is that, after Dances With Wolves, he let his ego get really inflated, while at the same time he started making a lot of terrible movies. The combination of the two things turned a lot of people off to him.
Certainly anyone who invested money in Waterworld and The Postman.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM

here's some 'useless information for you, since i have a wealth of it.... 'The Bodyguard' was originally written for Steve McQueen. notice Costner's haircut/style in the movie. it was an homage to McQueen. when the movie first hit the streets including the premier that little tidbit was mentioned...