'To Catch a Thief' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM

Default 'To Catch a Thief' - High-Def Digest Review

David has reviewed Alfred Hitchcock's 'To Catch a Thief.' While he says it's not his favorite film from The Master, and one that many feel is "Hitchcock lite," this is still a stylish and entertaining film. This Blu-ray features spectacular video, solid audio, and plenty of interesting extras. This is highly recommended (and quite a steal at the moment).

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6306/catch_thief.html
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 AM

Absolutely can't wait to see this. Grace Kelly was the epitome of a beautiful, classy woman to me. Her and Grant had great chemistry in this film. The setting is beautiful as well. Really looking forward to watching this!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 AM

You won't like it, man. It's like... old and stuff.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM

Much like the review, though To Catch a Thief may never be at the very top of Hitchcock movies for me, there is way too much to like in this movie to pass it up. Beautiful movie, and BEAUTIFUL Grace Kelly.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
You won't like it, man. It's like... old and stuff.
LOL
Good point, amico!
Oui!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Gotta say the transfer for this simply blew me away (surpassing even NXNW in certain parts!)--it's one of the most impressive titles in my entire collection. I suggest everyone who is still on the fence to pick this up; regardless of it ‘‘not being one of Hitchcock's best’’. Quite frankly I can't wait to see it again.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nFly View Post
Gotta say the transfer for this simply blew me away (surpassing even NXNW in certain parts!)--it's one of the most impressive titles in my entire collection. I suggest everyone who is still on the fence to pick this up; regardless of it ‘‘not being one of Hitchcock's best’’. Quite frankly I can't wait to see it again.
I'd say ANY part of To Catch a Thief easily surpasses North by Northwest - that is one crapastic Blu-ray, especially for being filmed in VistaVision. Maybe by 2019 Warner will gives us a decent transfer for a 60th Special Super Dooper Ultimate Anniversary edition.