'The Killing: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Default 'The Killing: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'The Killing: The Complete First Season.' This series got a lot of people (like me) pretty riled up last spring when it "wrapped up." See What Luke thought of this series having seen it all on Blu-ray rather than sitting through three and a half months of broadcasts.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5105/killing_s1.html
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 PM

If you ask me, Rosie Larsen is smiling because she's dead and doesn't have to stick around for season two.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Former Member

gave up on the show 1/2 an ep in, couldn't get INTO it, but with AMC's ridiculous amount of commercials, i find watching stuff on there is taxing on a good day.

want to give this a go sometime in the very near future.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
This series got a lot of people (like me) pretty riled up last spring when it "wrapped up."
Like Josh said on the blog last week, I don't know why some people are so upset--TV shows end seasons with cliffhangers all the time.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Like Josh said on the blog last week, I don't know why some people are so upset--TV shows end seasons with cliffhangers all the time.
I think it's because most shows don't draw out a storyline through 12 episodes that would take one episode of 'Law & Order' to figure out.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM

The problem is that the folks involved in the show were on record as saying it would be resolved by the finale. A lot of viewers had lost patience with this trainwreck, but wanted to see if the ending suddenly pulled off a brilliant rescue. It would be one thing if the show had been well-done, but personally, I thought this series stank. I love "different" but different and incompetent do not a successful series make.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 PM

I'm glad some people enjoyed this one, cause man did I ever hate it.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
I'm glad some people enjoyed this one, cause man did I ever hate it.
Did you stick around for the whole thing?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
For me it wasn't the cliffhanger. I'm a 'Lost' fan, so that PROVES that I'm onboard with cliffhangers. But when the ending is the ONE AND ONLY promising aspect of the show and it leaves you hanging is such a cruel manner, it defeats the purpose of watching the series in the first place. I needed more arcs throughout the season. The tiny insignificant plot lines stretched the series too thin, so to have it end the way it did made it a very pointless season. In retrospect, nothing carries any weight in season one.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 PM

I thought The Killing was one of the best shows on last year. Anxiously awaiting the premiere of season two.

It is unfortunate to see that so many people don't like it!