'The French Connection' (Remastered) - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Default 'The French Connection' (Remastered) - High-Def Digest Review

Josh Zyber has reviewed 'The French Connection' (Remastered). This is a must read review for a film with an increasingly complicated Blu-ray history...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6665...emastered.html
Old 03-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Nice review, Josh.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM

yes thank you. I actually purchased it 2 weeks ago, I had a BB gift certificate. Looking forward to watching this classic.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

No Josh Zyber patented 'Vital Disc Stats' banner this time? What a pity!

Great review! I listened to the radio interview you also mentioned in your original review. Friedkin sounded very convinced, as if only his opinion mattered. I'm quite surprised that he eventually saw the error of his ways.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 PM

bought for 14.99$ seems well enough, can't be all that bad. Can't wait to finally watch this, for the second time ever XD
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM

Good review. Not too happy about it being teal-ified, though. ;( Also glad to see that there are some reviewers that actually put focus on whether or not there are forced material before the feature. I've seen a number of extremely positive reviews lately where this fact is--knowingly or not--omitted.

Liked the comment about Firedkin sounding like Donald Trump, btw. (is there really a worse insult to pick when describing a person's voice? If so I'd like to know.)
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
No Josh Zyber patented 'Vital Disc Stats' banner this time? What a pity!

I try to do that when the title is associated with a distinctive font. Unfortunately, that isn't really the case for The French Connection.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nFly View Post
Liked the comment about Firedkin sounding like Donald Trump, btw.
He sounds exactly like Trump. It's creepy!
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I try to do that when the title is associated with a distinctive font. Unfortunately, that isn't really the case for The French Connection.
Correct! You could have produced great ones for the Back to the Future and Star Wars sets! I know you didn't review those, but boy, do they have iconic fonts