'Superman vs. The Elite' is coming June 12 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-17-2012, 11:38 AM

Default 'Superman vs. The Elite' is coming June 12

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6732...man_elite.html
Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 PM

Wait, what? I thought The Dark Knight Returns Pt1 was going to be the next DTV???? At least, that is what they made it sound like when they said they were going to do TDKR as a two part movie at SDCC last year, with pt 1 being out in time for TDRises in theaters and Pt2 out when Rises hits video.

Anyway, I hope this is better than All-Star. So far, every stand alone Superman DTV has been boring as hell. There is little action in it, and Superman is too much of a goody good to be entertaining. Why can't we get better DC heroes like Flash, Teen Titans, Legion of Super Heroes, an All-Star Western movie, another Wonder Woman, a Dr Fate movie, even a Justice Society. I am so sick of Batman and Superman movies, especially Superman ones.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 AM

I don't know how anyone could find All Star Superman boring. If you don't like Batman and Superman, DC animated films may just not be for you.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I don't know how anyone could find All Star Superman boring. If you don't like Batman and Superman, DC animated films may just not be for you.
Because Superman All-Star barely had any action in it. Most of it was talk and "I'm going to die, oh woe is me," in it. And then the action it did have did not make any sense. There are greek gods in it, then there are Zod wannabes, both were pointless because nothing came out of their story. Then you have this great set piece on the prison island, and Superman does not even do ANYTHING!!! He just stays as Clark to talk to Luthor. If I wanted to watch Superman do nothing, I would watch the live action movies. When I watch animated Superman stories, I want to see him clashing with other people, unavoidingly smashing up cities with his strength as he attacks his enemy.

Batman is great, I love Batman, but it is time to do SOMEONE ELSE!! Hell, I want a Flashpoint DTV. I want to see Thomas Wayne as Batman, Wonder Woman ruling England, Emperor Aquaman holding a beheaded Mera, pirate Deathstroke, etc. I want something different done.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 AM

DC is going to keep making what sells. They have a heck of a time marketing their other heroes to the mainstream (outside of Justice League). They've been trying to get Green Lantern there and he's got two animated films, but I don't think the character will ever catch on to a great extent (even if the live-action film wasn't severely flawed). He's just not a fantasy that rings true in everyone's hearts like Supes and Batman both are (especially Bats). Other heroes getting their own movies would be great - I'd dig a good animated Green Arrow or Catwoman movie for sure. They both kicked *** in their animated shorts. But I do understand that DC's resources are limited and it's easier to focus on sure things than gambles.

I think you really missed the point of All Star Superman and you're complaining about everything that makes it special and unique in the first place. It's obviously a tribute to a bygone era of comics and attempts to squeeze as much of the classic mythology as it can in while maintaining the overall arch. The comic has even more episodes, including the Bizarro story that I really missed in the film. But seriously, seeing what Superman would do if he found out he was dying, and all the things he'd still have to go through (because he puts up with a lot) was great on an emotional level. Not enough action? Jeez, feel something now and then. And you even criticized the episode with Luthor, which most would agree was one of the highlights of the story... All I can say is yowza.