'Ed Wood' is coming September 18 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Landy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,874
Default 'Ed Wood' is coming September 18

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6726/ed_wood.html

Last edited by Landy; 06-24-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
thejnc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,503
Default

About damn time. Ed Wood in high def should look amazing. My favorite Tim Burton (and probably Depp too) film by far.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
About damn time. Ed Wood in high def should look amazing. My favorite Tim Burton (and probably Depp too) film by far.
Indeed its very good. Landau was excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

People say it's Depp's BEST role. I never saw this film, I need to see it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
thejnc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
People say it's Depp's BEST role. I never saw this film, I need to see it!
I would agree with this. But the whole cast is top notch in this one. I can even stand Horse Face (Sarah Jessica Parker) in this one.

One of the few catalog titles I will gladly spend $20 or over for. I hope I don't have to, but I will.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
I would agree with this. But the whole cast is top notch in this one. I can even stand Horse Face (Sarah Jessica Parker) in this one. One of the few catalog titles I will gladly spend $20 or over for. I hope I don't have to, but I will.
LMAO!!!!!

I can't stand her, but will gladly check this out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Julian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 855
Default

Just a perfect movie all around. No flaws whatsoever. Pure cinematic gold. "Highly recommended" is the only sensible bottom line for the eventual review (unless the video presentation is below par).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
thejnc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Just a perfect movie all around. No flaws whatsoever. Pure cinematic gold. "Highly recommended" is the only sensible bottom line for the eventual review (unless the video presentation is below par).
I am getting a bit tired of the last few Burton/Depp flicks, but 100% agree with you on this. This is just a splendid film that had Burton and Depp on top of their games...and all the supporting cast too. Can not wait for Sept 18th.

In fact I just preordered it after seeing this thread again. $14 at amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

I am embarrassed to admit this since I consider myself a Depp fan....but I have never seen Ed Wood. Best roles I have seen him in were (not in any order): Sweeney Todd, Blow, Finding Neverland, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.


I will be blind buying this one. I'm more of a Burton fan than a Depp fan.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Julian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I am embarrassed to admit this since I consider myself a Depp fan....but I have never seen Ed Wood. Best roles I have seen him in were (not in any order): Sweeney Todd, Blow, Finding Neverland, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
If you like Depp, you will love Ed Wood. It might just be his masterpiece. "And cut! Print. We're moving on. That was perfect."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ed Wood's Take it Out in Trade coming in November! mattedscreen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 08-02-2018 12:19 PM
'The Story of China with Michael Wood' is coming June 27 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 06-21-2017 04:42 PM
'Wake Wood' is coming June 20 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 04-07-2011 01:14 PM
Ed Wood (1994) Super-VHS Blu-ray Wish Lists 2 12-22-2009 02:40 AM
Hard Wood Floors craizedmanic Home Theater Gear 2 07-28-2009 04:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off