'Home on the Range' and 'Treasure Planet' are coming July 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Default 'Home on the Range' and 'Treasure Planet' are coming July 3

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6711/home_range.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6717...anet_10th.html
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM

10th Anniversary Edition? I wonder if they will do something special to mark the occasion. As far as I'm concerned, what's currently listed was also on the original DVD. Would be very disappointing.

But, it's Treasure Planet!!! One of the most visually arresting Disney's ever. Very underrated, very good. Can't wait. I love, love, love that movie.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM

I wish they would release Mulan, Peter Pan, and a billion others before they went to this thing.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I wish they would release Mulan, Peter Pan, and a billion others before they went to this thing.
From your mouth to Mickey's ears. Agree with you 1,000% Kain.

May pick this one up at a later date. Have not seen this one in awhile.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
pan is going to be a diamond/platinum/unobtanium release, so it has to wait its turn in the vault.

aladdin was in that league of titles, but poor sales have supposedly made it a regular release when it happens, probably with the sequels getting the 2 films on one blu-ray and 2 bonus dvd treatment we see so often right now. i mention that, because mulan is not considered higher on the tier than aladdin.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Home on the Range...that's going to be a tough buy for Disney Animated Blu-Rays completionists like me. lol.

I wasn't that blown away by Treasure Planet either. I much prefer "Titan A.E."
Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
Home on the Range...that's going to be a tough buy for Disney Animated Blu-Rays completionists like me. lol.

I wasn't that blown away by Treasure Planet either. I much prefer "Titan A.E."
I'm a Disney completionist for sure and I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen 'Home on the Range'. But I'm going to review it for the site here so we'll see how it is I guess.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I'm a Disney completionist for sure and I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen 'Home on the Range'. But I'm going to review it for the site here so we'll see how it is I guess.
Yeah, I actually haven't seen Home on the Range yet either. It's just going to be a tough blind buy for me based on the trailer, and the fact that Roseanne is one of the voice actors. lol. I'll cross my fingers for it to be good.

As far as Treasure Planet goes, I know I've seen it but I can't remember a damn thing about it. All I remember is thinking the visuals were much better than the plot. It just seemed like a very forgettable movie.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 AM

You guys are not missing anything by not watching HOTR,imo. Probably the worst Disney animated flick I have ever seen.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Home on the Range was a little mediocre, indeed. But Treasure Planet is fantastic! I can't recommend it enough. It's worthy of a re-examination and it should never have flopped in the first place.