'Deliverance: 40th Anniversary Edition' is coming June 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Default 'Deliverance: 40th Anniversary Edition' is coming June 26

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6682..._digibook.html
Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 PM

squeal piggy, squeal... now in lossless.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM

Since this is Warner, this will almost certainly be the exact same disc as the previous Blu-ray, now in a digibook package.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Since this is Warner, this will almost certainly be the exact same disc as the previous Blu-ray, now in a digibook package.
I'd be willing to bet my grits on it. Surprisingly the 70th Anniversary edition of Casablanca will have lossless with the new 4k scan, but I guess after calling the HD DVD port to BD an "Ultimate Collector's Edition, then the same port re-released with gold slipcover proclaiming Academy Award Winner Best Picture, and then finally as a 1 disc BD, they ran out of things to call it without adding something new. But since Deliverance never won anything, it's unlikely to get anything new except exterior packaging. (Well, never won anything except the priceless look of shock on now ex-wife's face when she dragged me into see it because with the name 'Deliverance' she thought it was a religious film)

Last edited by Cochise; 03-14-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2012, 11:54 AM

boy you sure have a pretty digibook
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
boy you sure have a pretty digibook
I must be getting old, that took a minute to sink in.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I must be getting old, that took a minute to sink in.
considering the thread we're in, i won't let a single thing SINK IN, if you follow me. NOTHING. i'm going to be clamped down tighter than....you get the idea.

also, Josh Z's comment FTW. after Unforgiven and Goodfellas, i would not put any money on an upgraded disc.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
considering the thread we're in, i won't let a single thing SINK IN, if you follow me. NOTHING. i'm going to be clamped down tighter than....you get the idea.

also, Josh Z's comment FTW. after Unforgiven and Goodfellas, i would not put any money on an upgraded disc.
What if one doesn't own the previous copy?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Guys, per the press release, yes, this is a digibook. However, it also has a new retrospective documentary with the cast. Assuming Warner didn't just pull a "Cuckoo's Nest" (and author a new disc, but recycle the previous AV encodes) this might--might--be new. Probably not... but you never know.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Guys, per the press release, yes, this is a digibook. However, it also has a new retrospective documentary with the cast. Assuming Warner didn't just pull a "Cuckoo's Nest" (and author a new disc, but recycle the previous AV encodes) this might--might--be new. Probably not... but you never know.
In most likelihood, this will turn out just like A Clockwork Orange. It will be a 2 disc set. The first disc will be the original Blu-ray, with new features on a new second disc.

Clockwork Orange is the Warner recycled re-release that upsets me the most, considering that a new 4K restoration of the film played at Cannes a couple months prior to the Blu-ray being reissued with the older transfer.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.