'Immortals - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 PM

Default 'Immortals - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Immortals - 3D.' Is this movie "sunglasses" worthy?

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6395/immortals_3d.html

Last edited by eNoize; 03-13-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fixed link to review
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 PM

I felt this movie has the some of the best 3d depth I've seen in a while. I also didn't think It was too dark as I had no problem seeing any details, I will admit the film is dark by nature. My tv Samsung UN55D8000 may be a factor for brightness. I don't disagree with the review, but I felt the video quality wasn't so bad as describe. I wasn't watching with a critical eye form a reviewers standpoint, I didn't notice anything jump out as wrong with the video quality ether.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:44 AM

Same here. The 3D effect in this movie was stunning and the image contrast fantastic, when watched with a JVC X9 video projector. There must be something really wrong with your equipment review gear to post such a negative review on its 3D performance.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM

I also have to agree with PM an takisot. I watched this Saturday night and...as PM stated...the 3D depth was really amazing. There were quite a few scenes that were just amazing to look at. I plan on watching it again this weekend.

Welcome to the site takisot.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Well, the issue is not with depth or dimensionality. That aspect of the video, for the most part, is satisfying although it generally feels artificial.

The problem is with how dark the picture looks and shadow delineation, I thought, was rather poor. I checked on two separate displays, both calibrated and even set to the brightest modes, called Dynamic (lamp on projector was also on Normal, not Eco). Still, the picture was far-too dark, much more than compared to other live action 3D movies that are also naturally dark to begin with, such as 'Green Hornet,' 'Green Lantern,' and 'Conan (2011).' The 2D version of 'Immortals' is much brighter and clearer.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 PM

E i know you didn't write the movie portion of the review but Freida Pinto's name is misspelled at the beginning of the review