'Hop' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Default 'Hop' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Hop' has just been posted. Try not to get too excited, we're tired of cleaning up jelly beans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6398/hop.html
Old 03-11-2012, 11:48 AM

i never understood this "you can tell they weren't interested" complaint. i personally never saw that in any movie i've ever seen. but lets assume it exists and some see it, you gotta wonder how it even gets to that point. i mean the actors DO read the scripts they accept right? you'd think if it was something they found stupid or whatever that they just wouldnt do it. money is all well and good but if you're gonna spend 3-6 months working on a movie, why would you purposely choose something you dont want or have no interest in you know?

i guess there's always the possibility it seemed fun but once they started, turns out it wasnt so much and they're kinda screwed and have to finish. but if this happens as much as some critics imply. you'd think the actors would be more careful with their choices. lol

most of us work years to make the sorta money these people make in a month, you'd think they'd be more picky with their work and wouldnt care about paychecks at this point. a couple million can't be too impressive after you'd made 100s already. lol
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i mean the actors DO read the scripts they accept right? you'd think if it was something they found stupid or whatever that they just wouldnt do it. money is all well and good but if you're gonna spend 3-6 months working on a movie, why would you purposely choose something you dont want or have no interest in you know?
This is what people have been asking Robert DeNiro for the past 15 years.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i never understood this "you can tell they weren't interested" complaint. i personally never saw that in any movie i've ever seen. but lets assume it exists and some see it, you gotta wonder how it even gets to that point. i mean the actors DO read the scripts they accept right? you'd think if it was something they found stupid or whatever that they just wouldnt do it. money is all well and good but if you're gonna spend 3-6 months working on a movie, why would you purposely choose something you dont want or have no interest in you know?

i guess there's always the possibility it seemed fun but once they started, turns out it wasnt so much and they're kinda screwed and have to finish. but if this happens as much as some critics imply. you'd think the actors would be more careful with their choices. lol

most of us work years to make the sorta money these people make in a month, you'd think they'd be more picky with their work and wouldnt care about paychecks at this point. a couple million can't be too impressive after you'd made 100s already. lol
The thing with Hollywood is that most projects lock down stars months or years before production starts. During that time, studio interference results in numerous rewrites from numerous different writers, to the point that whatever it was that originally interested the actor has been completely removed. Yet they've signed a contract and are now obligated to make a movie that bears no resemblance to the one they thought they were going to make.

I'm currently reading a book called "Development Hell" that gives a lot of examples of exactly how good ideas get turned into really bad movies.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.