'Beavis & Butthead: Volume 4' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Default 'Beavis & Butthead: Volume 4' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Beavis & Butthead: Volume 4' has just been posted. What do you think of their return?

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6200/beavis_v4.html
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM

You know, to this day, I still haven't seen an episode of Beavis and Butthead.

I've watched the movie, and I enjoyed it... it's just one of those shows I haven't gotten around to.

I actually had this pre-ordered a while back, but I realized I needed to cancel it, due to a lack of funds.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM

I think it's excellent. The only other Beavis and Butthead item I have is a laserdisc from way back when they still made those. Or maybe that was South Park. In which case this is my first Beavis and Butthead.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 PM

WOW...I'm really surprised by the review score for the show itself. I think every episode of this is just as funny as it's ever been. Their riff on the Twilight Saga in the first episode is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Oh, and South Park can't touch this show. More vulgarity doesn't necessarily = funnier.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
WOW...I'm really surprised by the review score for the show itself. I think every episode of this is just as funny as it's ever been. Their riff on the Twilight Saga in the first episode is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Oh, and South Park can't touch this show. More vulgarity doesn't necessarily = funnier.
oh, agreed. vulgarity does not equal humor. however, BOUNDARY PUSHING does rely on a bit of shock, the previously unseen or unheard in its equivalent format, and so on. B&B had that in the 1990's. they don't have that now. this show won't last too long, as 1- it doesn't have 16 year old pregnant idiots, 2- it doesn't have guidos, gorillas, or juiceheads, 3- attention spans are shorter today than they were 15 years ago. SHOCK keeps them in their seats.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
WOW...I'm really surprised by the review score for the show itself. I think every episode of this is just as funny as it's ever been.
+1

I think the new eps are hilarious! The humor definitely got a lot better along with the writing (such as it is) & I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Mike Judge being 15 years older than he was when the show ended in the late 90s.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
+1

I think the new eps are hilarious! The humor definitely got a lot better along with the writing (such as it is) & I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Mike Judge being 15 years older than he was when the show ended in the late 90s.
He also learned a lot by doing the excellent - and under appreciated - King of the Hill. Man, that show was awesome. Though, I didn't like it much when I was younger.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
He also learned a lot by doing the excellent - and under appreciated - King of the Hill. Man, that show was awesome. Though, I didn't like it much when I was younger.
Was King of the Hill under appreciated? It lasted over 10 years. I haven't seen every episode, but I would wager to have seen at least 70% of them. And know a good chunk of people that watched it every week. I still watch the syndicated episodes.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Former Member

King of the Hill is responsible for one of the better YTP video distortions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCr-l9naPmE&feature=youtu.be after 1 season, i couldn't watch that show. just didn't find myself liking the characters all that much.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Same here. It really is just as funny as it's ever been. I haven't changed so much that I don't still find their shenanigans entertaining. Even the bits where they're ragging on reality shows are usually pretty awesome.