'Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Default 'Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed 'Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season.' A must read review for a must own release...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5165...hrones_s1.html
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Never read the books....but this was BY FAR the best first season of any show ever. Amazon should have it on my doorstep by the time I get home today (that and Mass Effect 3!)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM

after all the hooplah i finally watched the 1st episode last night, god bless "on demand" channels. :P

anyway i gotta say i was very underwhelmed, might check out episode 2 to see the fate of the kid being pushed out the window but other than that...it didnt catch my fancy. but on demand is free, they have the whole season so i'll likely go through it anyway. maybe my expectations were too high due to the praise i hear. but as far as production values and HD image, its top notch stuff.

but damn there are some gorgeous girls in there. there's this one kid though, little blonde boy who came in with the King...his face makes him look like a freakin elf, its weird and distracting. lol and after 2 seasons of Terminator, its weird to hear Lena Heady speak without the american accent she used then. i suddenly wouldnt mind having her for a sister. :P
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM

i think it really picks up in the latter episodes, the first one is basically to introduce the characters, love the show, after watching it, bought the books and i'm about 2/3 through the second, should have it wrapped up by the time the show starts up again

set should be delivered today
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
it didnt catch my fancy
Wow, I guess all I can say is give it a chance but I was enthralled from the first minute on. The show is amazing, my favorite show on television and maybe of all time. I'd be very surprised if you got through the entire first season and then said you didn't like it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

I never read or heard of the books before this show. After seeing a few episodes last year I was officially hooked. It is seriously the only reason why we have HBO at our house. I picked up the books and I read them when i get a free chance. March 6, 2012 is turning out to be a very expensive day in my house. Between buying ME3 twice (one for both systems), purchasing a GoPro camera with all the extras, and Game of Thrones.... well, I'm just happy days like this don't come around that often.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM

i think most nerds are doubling up on game of thrones and mass effect, it's like a nerd holiday
Old 03-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i think most nerds are doubling up on game of thrones and mass effect, it's like a nerd holiday
Mass 3 is what's keeping me from going out to get Thrones. It's a conundrum.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Mass 3 is what's keeping me from going out to get Thrones. It's a conundrum.
I had a shepard avatar for a long time here. MAss Effect will OWN me the next few months!

Cmon Bane, we need to save the universe and mankind, and have hot sex with Liara LOL
Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I had a shepard avatar for a long time here. MAss Effect will OWN me the next few months!

Cmon Bane, we need to save the universe and mankind, and have hot sex with Liara LOL
Killing Reapers > horse murder.