'Battle Royale: The Complete Collection' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-05-2012, 03:44 PM

Default 'Battle Royale: The Complete Collection' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Battle Royale: The Complete Collection' has just been posted. Check it out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6270..._complete.html
Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM

When I pre-ordered this a few months ago, I didn't even notice that it contained the second film as well.

An unexpected bonus!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Glad I got this at $20 pre-ordered during that one day Amazon sale.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM

I preordered the first one, as I refuse to ever watch the second one again. Just give me the DC of 1 and I will be golden.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:18 PM

So if we take BR2 out of the equation which boxset is better, the US or UK?

My sister and I loved BR and when the second one came out on DVD in Japan we split the cost and imported it. Biggest let down of all time, just glad it wasn't too expensive and I only paid for half of it. The disc did have a lot of special features on it if I remember, but don't think any had EN subtitles.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
So if we take BR2 out of the equation which boxset is better, the US or UK?

My sister and I loved BR and when the second one came out on DVD in Japan we split the cost and imported it. Biggest let down of all time, just glad it wasn't too expensive and I only paid for half of it. The disc did have a lot of special features on it if I remember, but don't think any had EN subtitles.

The UK's by a long shot. In terms of content and extras, though. I don't have the US version yet.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Nate did u notice any DNR? i think the Arrow UK set used DNR if i remember correctly
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Former Member

Will, the only odd grain i saw was with the chalkboard behind Kitano. if there is DNR, it's not enough for me to notice and make a stink about.

LIGHT DNR, you can't see. it's when someone slathers that shit that there's a problem.

as for what G just said, the American extras in this set, they're really redundant and none too interesting. it wouldn't take much for the UK set to be better, in that regard. that said, no second film, and horribly bulky, stupid packaging makes the UK a bit of a pain in the ass. and the cost. not everyone got it for 20 bucks like i did lol
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
the brazen rip off 'The Hunger Games' (whose author claims innocence when it come to the "similarities"...yeah, right)
Ha ha, I laughed out loud when I heard the author of The Hunger Games said she'd never heard of Battle Royale, talk about being stubborn. Not only did she ripped off Battle Royale, she also ripped off The Running Man. Somehow I was able to finish The Hunger Games, god it was such bad book, maybe I'm just not the right audience for it. I'm pretty sure the film version will make a ton of cash.

Anyhoo, back to Battle Royale, I can't wait to watch it again. I never wanted to see the sequel but since it comes with the package, I'll just give it a shot.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM

Agree with review; BR1: Awesome, BR2: Complete waste of time. For those looking to watch BR2 regardless, I'd suggest using the 1.5 forward function (slightly fast forward with audio) on you're player if it has it, will ease some of the pain encountered while watching the movie.