'The Tim Burton Collection' is coming May 1 (Amazon exclusive) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Default 'The Tim Burton Collection' is coming May 1 (Amazon exclusive)

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6648...ollection.html

Last edited by Landy; 03-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:12 PM

I hope it gets divided into "eras."

Before the fall...

Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Beetlejuice
Batman
Batman Returns

After the fall...

Mars Attacks
Corpse Bride
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Mars Attacks is the only thing I need out of that collection, so no buy from me.

BTW, Corpse Bride and Charlie are excellent movies, take the Willy Wonka nostalgia stick out.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:42 PM

For me, the only two stinkers are Batman and Batman Returns. Not sure why people fondly remember the Burton Batmans. They are terrible.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
BTW, Corpse Bride and Charlie are excellent movies, take the Willy Wonka nostalgia stick out.
I've already gone over why the remake was terrible. Feel free to look it up in the Charlie Thread. It has nothing to do with nostalgia, it has to do with good filmmaking. You know, that thing that's lacking in the Burton version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
For me, the only two stinkers are Batman and Batman Returns. Not sure why people fondly remember the Burton Batmans. They are terrible.
Because they are solid pieces of the entertainment. You know, before the CGI sploogefest. Especially, Batman Returns, which I hold in higher esteem than Begins, but certainly lesser than TDK.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I've already gone over why the remake was terrible. Feel free to look it up in the Charlie Thread. It has nothing to do with nostalgia, it has to do with good filmmaking. You know, that thing that's lacking in the Burton version.
Then blame the book, not Burton.

Quote:
Because they are solid pieces of the entertainment. You know, before the CGI sploogefest. Especially, Batman Returns, which I hold in higher esteem than Begins, but certainly lesser than TDK.
Um, both Nolan movies barely have any CGI. They have some, but the 98% of those movies are CGI free. And Nolan's movies cream Burton's any day of the week. Sure Burton's first one is a really good movie, gives us a Gotham ripped out of the 80s comics, but the negatives outweight the positives. One of those being that as great as Jack Nicholson is, he is just Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson with Joker make-up. Kind of like how Kevin Spacy was playing Gene Hackman playing Lex Luthor in Superman Returns. Plus, he is too old for the character. Returns, on the other hand, is down right terrible. The movie would have been fine with just Catwoman and Max, but adding Penguin in the mix, and giving him Killer Croc's background, is insulting. And then you have the whole Batman ripping off his mask. If it wasn't for Elfman's score, I would find the movie unwatchable.

Nolan's movies though, feel like a mix between O'Neil's run from the 70s, especially the way Gotham is portrayed, with a touch of realism. Add on top that Ledger's Joker feels more like Joker playing Joker using the name of Heath Ledger, and you have the most accurate adaptation of Joker on screen. Plus, Nolan shows how you can have multiple villians in the movie (Begins had Scarecrow, Ras, Zasz, and Falconi, TDK had Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Maroni) and still have a focus on a central villian, something Burton failed to do.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM

anything to cash in on the Frankenweenie remake I guess, already own the ones I want, including the ones not part of this studio set. Does this mean that single copies of these releases will be made OOP? Pee Wee just came out 5 months ago
Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthaddict11 View Post
anything to cash in on the Frankenweenie remake I guess, already own the ones I want, including the ones not part of this studio set. Does this mean that single copies of these releases will be made OOP? Pee Wee just came out 5 months ago
You'd almost think they were running a business.

Anyway, I was thinking this would be way too expensive, but $60 is pretty reasonable. I only have the Batman movies thus far, so it might be worth a purchase.

I'm still holding out for an Ed Wood Blu-Ray though.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Kermit View Post
You'd almost think they were running a business.

Anyway, I was thinking this would be way too expensive, but $60 is pretty reasonable. I only have the Batman movies thus far, so it might be worth a purchase.

I'm still holding out for an Ed Wood Blu-Ray though.
Yeah when I clicked on this I thought there was a SLIGHT chance it would include a Blu-Ray in his catalog which has not yet been released. Sadly no ED WOOD, which is far and away my favrite Burton film; actually it may be the only one I like. ES is ok I suppose but I am with you in waiting.

Now had this set included Ed Wood I propably would have spent 60 bones juct to have because as we all know if it would have been in this set it would likely be a year to see it as a stand-alone release.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 AM

It's a shame, because among my other Burton favourites are Big Fish and Sweeney Todd, which aren't included either.