'The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Default 'The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed the follow-up to Tom Six's 'The Human Centipede.' He says this sequel isn't necessarily better than the original, but it definitely is far more disturbing. If you dare... be sure to bring a barf bag.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6196...entipede2.html
Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 PM

I watched the first film and was neither repulsed or offended, I was mostly bored and annoyed. I'm not sure I will ever be able to summon up the gumption to watch this atrocity.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM

This is the highest review score I've ever seen this movie get.

Last edited by Salanderfan; 02-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Really? These movies are gross, and do not ever deserve a star.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM

I think Nate's review is spot on. I was revolted and disgusted....and loved it. One of the sicker things I've seen as of late. Good review sir.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Really? These movies are gross, and do not ever deserve a star.
so because a movie is gross it should be deemed junk? Irreversible, Martyrs, Inside, Cannibal Holocaust, Toxic Avenger, Poultrygeist, Father's Day, Devil's Rejects, Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS, Street Trash, Bad Taste, Dead Alive, Day of the Dead, Zombie, City of the Living Dead John Carpenters The Thing...I could go on and on. One man's "gross" is another's cult classic. I haven't been this revolted by a movie since I watched Irreversible for the first time. Sure it's hard to watch but some movies aren't made to be "enjoyable". They are made to be gross, disgusting, a turn off. To each their own. I thought this movie was disgustingly brilliant.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
so because a movie is gross it should be deemed junk? Irreversible, Martyrs, Inside, Cannibal Holocaust, Toxic Avenger, Poultrygeist, Father's Day, Devil's Rejects, Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS, Street Trash, Bad Taste, Dead Alive, Day of the Dead, Zombie, City of the Living Dead John Carpenters The Thing...I could go on and on. One man's "gross" is another's cult classic. I haven't been this revolted by a movie since I watched Irreversible for the first time. Sure it's hard to watch but some movies aren't made to be "enjoyable". They are made to be gross, disgusting, a turn off. To each their own. I thought this movie was disgustingly brilliant.
one man's "poop into someone else's mouth" film is another man's garbage, apparently. to be fair, Kain's approach is similar to that of Roger Ebert's, misguided as i may personally feel it is. when the idea that is already offensive to the point of repulsion to some is amplified, there's no remedy or way to change someone's opinion.

ebert's first review was funny, saying that this film existed in a universe where stars don't exist as a way of getting around scoring. if he gave the second film a 0/5, or anything of the sort, it just shows he's once again reviewing based off his personal agenda and beliefs, not off of a film's merit in his eyes. it disgusted him. and that's fine and dandy.

so far it's funny, our facebook comments for this review seem to be lining up with my personal line of thought: disgusting, yet pretty darned interesting. i don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this question, though, unless someone hasn't seen it wants to talk smack. if you viewed it and had to turn it off as it went too far, then fair game, but blind hate don't get no credence.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 AM

I was surprised by how frequently I saw the first movie - which, whatever its faults, is pretty original - not just dismissed but fled from entirely by the very people who've been complaining for ages that everything's a sequel or a remake and nobody does anything original in horror movies anymore. FWIW, I quite liked it - it did the stone-faced silliness thing quite well. (strangely, it was in a theatre where a good 3/4 of the audience were women. I have no explanation for that.)

Looking forward to the sequel, though I do not expect it to retain the same charms.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM

Here's the scene after the premiere I went to in L.A. a few months ago. People "connected" with one another to form an impromtu HC. They won a t-shirt and bragging rights.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM

You sold me. I've GOT to see this movie now.