HDD Attends a Virtual Roundtable with Andy Parsons (BDA) and Lori MacPherson (Disney) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Default HDD Attends a Virtual Roundtable with Andy Parsons (BDA) and Lori MacPherson (Disney)

Last week's roundtable featured Andy Parsons, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. and Lori MacPherson, Executive Vice President of Global Product Management for The Walt Disney Studios. Long job titles aside, the roundtable proved to be fairly informative as to the way that Blu-ray is moving, the technologies it hopes to work up to (like 4k resolution), and the expectations Disney has from the format:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...on_Disney/8857
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Looking at the questions I'm wondering why nothing was asked of why Disney seems to almost be completely avoiding Blu-ray versions of their old live action catalog see: "Escape From Witch Mountain", "The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes", "Parent Trap", "Flight Of the Navigator", etc.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Looking at the questions I'm wondering why nothing was asked of why Disney seems to almost be completely avoiding Blu-ray versions of their old live action catalog see: "Escape From Witch Mountain", "The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes", "Parent Trap", "Flight Of the Navigator", etc.
I actually did ask a question that was close to what you're saying here, but it wasn't answered. However, there is a question about the live-action movies in Disney's catalog that Lori answers with: "Many of our classic and beloved live action titles are currently being considered for the Blu-ray release treatment."

Not much to go on, I know, but it's something.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I actually did ask a question that was close to what you're saying here, but it wasn't answered. However, there is a question about the live-action movies in Disney's catalog that Lori answers with: "Many of our classic and beloved live action titles are currently being considered for the Blu-ray release treatment."

Not much to go on, I know, but it's something.
Could you tell Lori that at least one or more members here have bought a Disney catalog title they haven't released here yet, see: "Flight Of the Navigator"? I know we may seem inconsequential but I think one of Disney's problems is the focus groups they test some things on, Lilo and Stitch's success is proof of that.
I'll even send her a hand written letter if I have to as I desperately want "Parent Trap" on Blu-ray.
Heck, I'm even interested in two of their Disney Channel original movies, "Suzie Q" and "Minutemen". I can't believe "Minutemen" would even cost them that much since I suspect a digital print, HD quality, has already been done.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Could you tell Lori that at least one or more members here have bought a Disney catalog title they haven't released here yet, see: "Flight Of the Navigator"?
I would like this film too - was annoyed at the dvd version's audio level.