'Weeds: Season Seven' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Default 'Weeds: Season Seven' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed 'Weeds: Season Seven.' He says the seventh season is a pretty mixed bag, and Nancy's character continues to be one of the most unlikeable protagonists on TV. This Blu-ray features excellent video, strong audio, and a few uninteresting extras. This is for fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5556/weeds_s7.html
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM

It's amazing how far behind I am. I absolutely loved the first two seasons. Then I watched the third, and I just found myself cured of the show. The characters just became irritating, their choices frustrating.... it just left a sour taste in my mouth. After that, the show just kind of fell of my radar, and I never got around to attempting to return to it.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM

It's funny I was just talking with my wife yesterday and I could not remember what happened in that season or if it was the final one or not...
Old 02-26-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Kermit View Post
It's amazing how far behind I am. I absolutely loved the first two seasons. Then I watched the third, and I just found myself cured of the show. The characters just became irritating, their choices frustrating.... it just left a sour taste in my mouth. After that, the show just kind of fell of my radar, and I never got around to attempting to return to it.
You're not missing too much. I still enjoyed season three but it should have ended there.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 PM

I actually like Season 4. At least, the beginning with Albert Brooks. I think it was 5 that sort of killed it for me. It was the season finale. It was the first time that I felt the series broke a character. Haven't seen season six or seven.

I enjoyed Season 3, but felt it was on fast forward. Like, it had these ideas but didn't bake them long enough, and served it anyway. It plays MUCH better on replays, and I enjoyed Mathew Modine's and Kevin Nealons "fight."

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 PM

I've completed playing Season 7. It was worth the $20 to me. It has its moments, like the double-jacking. I need to drive over there. Where's that place at?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Isn't Season 3 the one where Andy has the Jewish girl who says he's too feminine for her tastes as the male.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I actually like Season 4. At least, the beginning with Albert Brooks. I think it was 5 that sort of killed it for me. It was the season finale. It was the first time that I felt the series broke a character. Haven't seen season six or seven.

I enjoyed Season 3, but felt it was on fast forward. Like, it had these ideas but didn't bake them long enough, and served it anyway. It plays MUCH better on replays, and I enjoyed Mathew Modine's and Kevin Nealons "fight."
I just finished season five, and though I don't know if I'd go as far as to say 'broke', I don't know what to make of what happened with the character. They hinted that
Spoiler
Shane was becoming a little unstable, but to outright murder someone at a crowded party? Seems like a little too much, and kinda forced drama to induce unnatural change.

The bolded part, though, I think has really pinpointed the problem with the series past the second season. It seems like the conclusion to so many things have been really unsatisfying. Not everything has to end in a grand way, but stuff like what happened with U-Turn? So anticlimactic. And they just kind of throw away side plots like they get bored. It's all still worth watching, but it does feel like it's fallen a good ways since those initial seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Isn't Season 3 the one where Andy has the Jewish girl who says he's too feminine for her tastes as the male.
No, that was season two. In season three he was in the military at the beginning. I was actually expecting her to come back or something, since Andy kept dropping references to her all the way up to season five.