'Puss in Boots' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Default 'Puss in Boots' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Puss in Boots' has just been posted. This is highly recommended. Read our review to find out why!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6344/puss_boots.html
Old 02-21-2012, 07:39 PM

Thought this movie felt like a funny short that had been stretched out for a feature-length film. It had some funny parts, but the middle really, really drags.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM

I found the movie to be enjoyable escapism. It lacks much in the way of depth, but it is so fun and charming that it's easy to forgive.

I was hoping for nothing less than a perfect video score. I agree that the 3D glasses affected the brightness and detail of the film... and especially wasn't too comfortable when you have to wear them over your existing glasses! I noticed that the first Kung Fu Panda had an amazing natural 3D look... if this is anything like that, I can't wait to watch the movie on Blu-Ray.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM

Have this preordered, wasn't sure I was going to keep the order since I never watched this in the theater. But looks like I am keeping it now.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 AM

I preordered the 3D edition with the 5 US-Dollar coupon. So it is about 30 US-Dollars with shipping - I live in Europe.

Canīt go wrong with that as it will be released late over here - middle of April.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Thought this movie felt like a funny short that had been stretched out for a feature-length film. It had some funny parts, but the middle really, really drags.
I concur... It started out great and ended pretty well, but that whole flashback scene really, really, really dragged on for what seemed like forever. If they had cut it by half it would have been better.

Other than the length, there were some really funny parts in it.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 AM

Hmmm...sounds like a rent then.

But the second movie being the best? Haven't even seen the fourth movie as that Franchise died after the 3rd movie in my eyes.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM

I also pre-ordered with the $5 coupon. Never got to see it in theaters, and rely on reviews like ones at HDD for their evaluation and recommendation. Good to see this release is demo-worthy and can't wait to see it at home. Thanks, Luke!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM

I saw this and HK3DChristmas back to back this weekend, and was surprised to find that I preferred this one in 3D. Something about 3D animated movies, the effect really pops more for me than live action 3D. Subtle things like Puss's hat brim and sword play really popped off the screen. Of course so did various penii in H+K but, different strokes for different folks.