'Tower Heist' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Default 'Tower Heist' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has just reviewed 'Tower Heist.' He says this movie is a pleasant surprise. Find out why the flick and the Blu-ray come recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4825/tower_heist.html
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM

"Gabourey Sidibe plays a safe-cracking 'Precious' with a Jamaican accent. I don't mean to be insensitive, but what else can she play?"

I need this comment explained to me. What is a Precious? Are you saying her character in Tower Heist is an abused teenage mother? But also a Jamaican safecracker? I don't mean to be insensitive, but how easy is it to get a job writing on this site?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:41 PM

This is one of the weirdest reviews I've ever read, for a multitude of reasons.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 PM

What the heck? How is it that when I like bad movies, this sites hates them, but then where there are really bad movies, this site loves them? Did something happening with the new year? I mean, Dark of the Moon, The Thing, Rum Diaries, and now Tower Heist? Next you will be giving Underworld Awakening a 4/5 and say it is the best in the series.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM

I was actually most disappointed with Eddie Murphy's performance in this movie, it was lackluster, like he didn't know what kind of character he wanted to be.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

I honestly will feel sorrow for anyone who blind buys this movie based on the review on this website. My wife and I sat through this terrible disjointed crapfest and both were clock watching the entire time. Honestly it felt like we were watching a movie that was cut up too much. The pacing is terrible and the actual 'heist' in the movie takes too long to get moving.

I know different people like different things and whatnot, but I found zero redeeming qualities about this movie. It felt as though the premise was good, but the execution was way off the mark.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:47 AM

Default I have to concur...

... with the other posters. As someone who came of age in Eddie Murphy's glory days I occasionally will give one of his modern flicks a try in the hopes that it might contain some of that old magic. His performance here seemed a little unfocused and the role itself seemed underwritten. In fact I had the opposite reaction to Luke's - I rather ENJOYED the first act and thought the film started to unravel once the heist got into motion. Loved Alan Alda as the smug villain though....